• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership XV and RGC 1404 to play Georgia in Landmark Games

Fullback. Played for Aberystwyth Town RFC some two years ago, whilst he was a student at the university. Had a spell of nasty injuries, missed the start of the season to two shoulder ops and a two knee ops. Amazing. He's not been involved within a region academy, a product of Nant Conwy in North Wales.

He plays fullback for Nant Conwy from what I found looking around seems to be bit of a points machine with the boot and ball in hand, I am not sure if he has a region down south but I assume he plays for the RGC 1404 region.

edit: sorry already been answered by someone else.....:rolleyes:

the Ospreys should sign him up then, could do with a new full back, Fussell is a winger not a full back, Barry Davies is old and has had his best days with the Scarlets, Gareth Owen hasn't achieved much in his chances

the Ospreys should sign him up then, could do with a new full back, Fussell is a winger not a full back, Barry Davies is old and has had his best days with the Scarlets, Gareth Owen hasn't achieved much in his chances

He could do well there given a chance, full back is prob one of the Ospreys real weakness's.

I think a regional deal is a bit far for him at the moment, I think Carwyn would agree with me here too. If he has a good game Saturday he may get picked up by one of the Premiership Clubs, if not then he may well catch the light playing for RGC next season in Div 1 East then you never know. Some club may well take a punt on him. For me the Ospreys should either develop Prydie to play there or continue to develop Ross Jones. Carwyn has a fantastic turn of pace, a sick side step and a good boot from hand and for goal.

You be correct, brothers. Aye made his debut for Llanelli against Neath only to be carted off within 10 mins of coming on because he was gouged apparently. Currently play with him now for Aberystwyth Town.
Yeah, not too many ap Myrddins around, so thought to ask.
I hope they both make it, if only to hear commentators fail ;)

RGC 1404 17-25 Georgia "A"

it was 22-7 after half an hour, so Georgia A perhaps got a bit complacent (or tired since they played three matches in a week and a half with a small squad, good effort by a young RGC 1404 side though

RGC 1404 squad to play Georgia "A" in the last match of the tour, not heard of any of them to be honest, will this be an easier opposition than the Principality Premiership XV?

Carwyn Ap Myrrdin - Nant Conwy
Marc Grey - Llangefni
Ben Stelmaszek - Bethesda
Noamh Davey - Chester
Richard Hopkins - Mold
Rhodri Carlton-Jones - Rhyl
Afon Bagshaw - RGC 1404 Academy
Harri Evans - RGC 1404 Academy
Bryn Phillips - Welsh Exiles
Mike Jones - RGC 1404 Academy
Elgan Davies - Nant Conwy
Andrew Williams - Caernarfon
Dale Blackmore - Rhyl
Mareddyd Francis - RGC 1404 Academy
Rhodri Evans - RGC 1404 Academy
Andrew Baston - Chester
Liam Leung - Caernarfon
Brandon Allsop - Llangefni
Tom Hughes - Bala
Jack Matthews - Caernarfon
Tom Parry - Pwllheli
Meilir Parry - RGC 1404 Academy
James Grundy - RGC 1404 Academy
Barry Roberts - Bro Ffestiniog

bit late but I've played with / against / know a few of those guys :) Moreso the Academy players, also Dale Blackmore is a pretty good player tbh but not sure if he plays more league these days.. I know at one point he was playing for the rochdale hornets or something

Last edited:
Highlights from the Principality Premiership XV v Georgia A match

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LhHEmGIo3GI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

having watched the whole match video, the best players from a Welsh perspective and who the regions should have noticed were #11 Lee Rees (very quick and jinky, the Ospreys should sign him to replace Shane), #9 Justin James, #7 James Davies (set up the try and had a good work rate) and the scrummagers #1 Richard Cornock and #3 Marc Jones (maybe the Cardiff Blues may be interested in them with their departing props)

unfortunately for the Ospreys, #8 Morgan Allen was poor, dropped the ball more than once and also went too high on tackles and was totally outplayed by his opposite number who made some good yardage despite being on the end of a worse scrum

from Georgia A the best players were, #11 Lekso Gugava, #8 Giorgi Tkesheliadze, #5 Davit Chitidze (made the most breaks from either side), #16 Beka Mekokishvili, #17 Levan Chilachava (saved the scrum in the second half), #18 Jaba Kikvidze

Here are the teams to see who is doing what on the video as there is no commentary

Principality Premiership XV: 15 Geraint O'Driscoll (Pontypool/Dragons), 14 Richard Carter (Aberavon), 13 Matthew Jacobs (Llandovery), 12 Scott Williams (Newport), 11 Lee Rees (Llandovery/Scarlets); 10 Steffan Jones (Cross Keys/Dragons), 9 Justin James (Llanelli); 1 Richard Cornock (Cross Keys), 2 Gerwyn Price (Cross Keys), 3 Marc Jones (Cross Keys); 4 Adam Powell (Llanelli/Scarlets), 5 Haydn Pugh (captain, Carmarthen Quins); 6 Matt Llewellyn (Bridgend), 7 James Davies (Carmarthen Quins), 8 Morgan Allen (Aberavon/Ospreys)

16 Andrew Brown (Newport), 17 Will Taylor (Aberavon/Ospreys), 18 Ryan Harford (Pontpridd/Cardiff Blues), 19 Sam Kiley (Swansea), 20 Chris Davies (Aberavon); 21 Jamie Davies (Aberavon), 22 Sam Soul (Llandovery), 23 Elliot Frewen (Newport)

Georgia "A": 15 Saba Nikolava (Armia), 14 Zurab Dzneladze (AIA), 13 Irakli Chkhikvadze (Armia), 12 Giorgi Jimsheladze (Armia), 11 Lekso Gugava (captain, Lelo); 10 Irakli Gegenava (Lelo), 9 Giorgi Kacharava (Lelo); 1 Irakli Mirtskhulava (Tarbes), 2 Shalva Mamukashvili (Armia), 3 Giorgi Menabdishvili (Grenoble), 4 Mikheil Gachechiladze (Academy), 5 Davit Chitidze (Armia), 6 Beka Bitsadze (Armia), 7 Givi Berishvili (Locomotive), 8 Giorgi Tkesheliadze (Hartpury College)

Replacements: 16 Beka Mekokishvili (Armia), 17 Levan Chilachava (Toulon), 18 Jaba Kikvidze (Armia), 19 Giorgi Tkhilaishvili (Armia); 20 Sandro Nijaradze (Hartpury College), 21 Giga Gagoshvili (Armia), 22 Beka Urjukashvili (Figeac)

Lee Rees is contracted to the Scarlets, think they should use him more than the likes of Fenby but maybe next year he will get his chance as Lamont is departing.

I'm surprised Daffyd Lockyer wasn't in the prem side, perhaps he's too old

I'm surprised Daffyd Lockyer wasn't in the prem side, perhaps he's too old

Some clubs stopped their players participating by request. Neath, Ponty and Cardiff were just three to name.

Lee Rees is contracted to the Scarlets, think they should use him more than the likes of Fenby but maybe next year he will get his chance as Lamont is departing.

He'll still need to get past Iongi however, that won't be easy.

True but Iongi played for Llanelli on the weekend.

Yeah he hasn't had the best of chances this season, but when I've seen him he's played very well so I expect him to be the replacement for Lamont. Also Dale Ford will hopefully return next season so he could be a option. I know he's primarily a fullback but his big boot is a plus. Looks like the Scarlets will have quite a lot of depth on the wing so it could be difficult for Lee Rees.

Latest posts