• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Pro 12 2015/16] Round 1

Being to a God knows what choice frontrow hasn't helped us. Very happy with Dan Leavy's performance.

I really hope Fitzgibbon refs no more games I watch. Not due to any decision he's made against my team but because in the multiple games he's reffed I can't remember a single good one.

Ospreys being found out by a stronger Ulster team. Not looked that dangerous in attack and porous in defence. Work needed. Ulster looking strong and all the better for having not that many in the Ireland squad.

Very happy with Dan Leavy's performance.
Really? I thought he was bang average today. Gave away a few penalties.

Leinster lucky to get a bonus point. They were terrible. Very slow to clear out at the breakdown and no direction among the backs. They've a long way to go to be competitive this season.

Impressed with ulster, big and strong today, pretty dominant overall throughout the game. Ospreys showed the odd bit of flair but weren't really allowed to play so I'm not sure we saw much indication of what kind of level they're at.

Boss plays like he really never wants to be considered for higher honours again. Missed the first half so cant say much more than that, Conan as always looked good, Ferg also looked bright, Isa seemed to bring a calmness to the team which lacked last year (going for points when more than 3 down). Maul and Maul defence were very poor.

Ospreys being found out by a stronger Ulster team. Not looked that dangerous in attack and porous in defence. Work needed. Ulster looking strong and all the better for having not that many in the Ireland squad.

Really not expecting that in the slightest. Delighted of course, but I'd love to know where Doak had been hiding that sort of performance.

Really? I thought he was bang average today. Gave away a few penalties.

Leinster lucky to get a bonus point. They were terrible. Very slow to clear out at the breakdown and no direction among the backs. They've a long way to go to be competitive this season.

Thought he made a good few tackles, some nice carries and had the dog about him.

Thought he made a good few tackles, some nice carries and had the dog about him.
He'll become a very good player but I don't think he showed it tonight. Certainly wasn't one of the worst performers on the pitch for Leinster though.

Looking at the tight five, Leinster may struggle upfront while the World Cup is on. Tonight demonstrated that, with Leinster clearly a distant second best at the breakdown, average at scrum and lineout and poor at both mauling and maul defence. They're missing their seven best front rowers and best second row player. None of the front row who'll play early in the season are better than third choice for the province.

Being to a God knows what choice frontrow hasn't helped us. Very happy with Dan Leavy's performance.

I really hope Fitzgibbon refs no more games I watch. Not due to any decision he's made against my team but because in the multiple games he's reffed I can't remember a single good one.
You should had seem him at the Ospreys vs Edinburgh game last year. His decisions were awful.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's happened to Jordan Williams at the Scarlets? He was involved with Wales this time last year, now he's not making the Scarlets match day squad despite all the internationals being missing.

I've heard some not so great things about his commitment in training etc. But still, he's one of the most talented runners we've produced in some time, so imo Pivac needs to persevere with him and get him involved.

You can only lead a horse to water.

If the player doesn't want to put the hard yards in, its very hard for a coach to entice them.

It's that combined with the fact he has defensive difficulties, if he could sort these issues out I would love to see him, Sanjay and DTHVDM as our first choice back three for this season

Latest posts