Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Cardiff.png

Leinster.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Ulster.png

Benetton.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Connacht.png

Cardiff Blues Team to face the Ospreys...

15 Leigh Halfpenny 14 Owen Williams 13 Gavin Evans (c) 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Harry Robinson 10 Rhys Patchell 9 Lloyd Williams
1 Sam Hobbs 2 Marc Breeze 3 Scott Andrews 4 Filo Paulo 5 Lou Reed 6 Michael Paterson 7 Sam Warburton 8 Luke Hamilton

16 Kristian Dacey 17 Thomas Davies 18 Taufa'ao Filise 19 Robin Copeland 20 Rory Watts-Jones 21 Lewis Jones 22 Ceri Sweeney 23 Gareth Davies

A very weak front row. I know Cardiff need to give the new players game time, but I feel Filise needed to start this game as the Ospreys FR is somewhat strong at the moment.

Gavin Evans being captain sums up Cardiff at the moment. Mediocre. They desperately need a decent pair of centres for next season, or a I feel another poor season is in the crystal ball.

Why has Phil picked two No.10's as backs cover? Gareth Davies is an out 10 and hasn't really shown any promise in a Blues jersey. As Cory Allen just had a great sevens tourney, surely it would be worth giving him a shot on the bench rather than allowing an ageing 10 provide cover for what Sweeny is doing anyway? Also Owen Williams has played most of his club rugby at centre, why is he persistently on the wing (granted, he's scored a couple of tries from wing)? Phil Davies and Co's selection is mind boggling at times.

The whole Warburton Vs Tipuric thing is really going to be hard to judge when the Ospreys pack is going to be so dominant in general. I almost cannot see how you can compare the two, because Warburton is going to be working twice as hard as Tipuric all game.

Ospreys by 20 points.

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brendan Macken
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner
5: Quinn Roux
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Leo Cullen
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

Interesting side. Good to have Strauss back. Big chance for Macken.

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brendan Macken
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner
5: Quinn Roux
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Leo Cullen
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

Interesting side. Good to have Strauss back. Big chance for Macken.

Where's O'Malley? Was he injured last week?

Last edited:
Cardiff Blues Team to face the Ospreys...

15 Leigh Halfpenny 14 Owen Williams 13 Gavin Evans (c) 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Harry Robinson 10 Rhys Patchell 9 Lloyd Williams
1 Sam Hobbs 2 Marc Breeze 3 Scott Andrews 4 Filo Paulo 5 Lou Reed 6 Michael Paterson 7 Sam Warburton 8 Luke Hamilton

16 Kristian Dacey 17 Thomas Davies 18 Taufa'ao Filise 19 Robin Copeland 20 Rory Watts-Jones 21 Lewis Jones 22 Ceri Sweeney 23 Gareth Davies

A very weak front row. I know Cardiff need to give the new players game time, but I feel Filise needed to start this game as the Ospreys FR is somewhat strong at the moment.

Gavin Evans being captain sums up Cardiff at the moment. Mediocre. They desperately need a decent pair of centres for next season, or a I feel another poor season is in the crystal ball.

Why has Phil picked two No.10's as backs cover? Gareth Davies is an out 10 and hasn't really shown any promise in a Blues jersey. As Cory Allen just had a great sevens tourney, surely it would be worth giving him a shot on the bench rather than allowing an ageing 10 provide cover for what Sweeny is doing anyway? Also Owen Williams has played most of his club rugby at centre, why is he persistently on the wing (granted, he's scored a couple of tries from wing)? Phil Davies and Co's selection is mind boggling at times.

The whole Warburton Vs Tipuric thing is really going to be hard to judge when the Ospreys pack is going to be so dominant in general. I almost cannot see how you can compare the two, because Warburton is going to be working twice as hard as Tipuric all game.

Ospreys by 20 points.

Allen's still with the Wales 7s, so they have got an excuse this weekend. Still doesn't explain why Gavin Evans is playing.

Ospreys unchanged from last week, bar Bearman in on the bench. I'm hoping for a Blue bloodbath. I'm really looking forward to it, should be a great event, even if I am just watching on TV.

Good first game of the double header.

Ken Owens was immense after coming on in the second half. He was everywhere in both defence and attack. He's really putting his hand up for the Lions tour. At the moment he'd be the best option to have on the bench, because he makes such a huge impact every time he steps onto the field.

Well done to Ulster great defence at the end.

We need to refind our cutting edge. Quickly.

Well heart has all but given out... If I was on the pitch I woulda smacked the ref so hard he would have brain damage in hopes it would fix his judgement :)

EDIT: does this now cement us as the best Irish side?

Well heart has all but given out... If I was on the pitch I woulda smacked the ref so hard he would have brain damage in hopes it would fix his judgement :)

EDIT: does this now cement us as the best Irish side?

Nah if you beat us with an actual midfield.....maybe.

And I think both sides wanted to clock Clancy.

To be fair from neutral view Ulster were better team but Ulster were missing their heartbeat in Sexton, BOD and SOB. I think it premature in some ways to say Ulster are best team in Ireland when there is 0 trophies to show while also being 2 points ahead of Leinster Ulster have played strongest team in a lot more games. I'm not saying Ulster aren't best but it debatable.

To be fair from neutral view Ulster were better team but Ulster were missing their heartbeat in Sexton, BOD and SOB. I think it premature in some ways to say Ulster are best team in Ireland when there is 0 trophies to show while also being 2 points ahead of Leinster Ulster have played strongest team in a lot more games. I'm not saying Ulster aren't best but it debatable.

Overstating it some.

Healy 5+3 Strauss 5 Ross 5+3 Cullen 10+3 Toner 10+5 KmcL 10 O'Brien 4 Heaslip 7 Reddan 8 Sexton 6 Fitzgerald 3 D'Arcy 7 BOD 5 Nacewa 7+2 Kearney 3

Cronin 8+6 Bent 6+3 VdM 8+5 Roux 4 Jennings 12+1 Boss 8+5 Madigan 14+4 McFadden 9+1

Court 10+5 Best 3+1 Afoa 11+3 Muller 9 Tuohy 7+2 Ferris 3+1 Henry 6 Williams 10+2 Pienaar 8 Jackson 10+2 Trimble 13+1 Marshall 9+2 Cave 12+3 Bowe 3+1 Payne 10+1

Herring 10+6 Paddy Mac ZERO Fitzpatrick 5 Stevenson 11+2 Wilson 5+3 Marshall 9+6 Wallace 7+2 Gilroy 9+3

Three of our best players have missed as many games as virtually any of theirs. Henry and Pienaar have been both absent pretty regularly. Our starting locks have played less games, our replacement props have been less involved. We've had far more problems in the back row and front row, they've had more problems in the backs - I know where I'd prefer the weakness. I'd say 5 out of 5 of Leinster's most important players - Sexton, BOD, Healy, SOB, Heaslip/Kearney - have played less than 9 games. I'd say 4 out of 5 of Ulster's most important players - Best, Henry, Muller, Pienaar, Payne - have played less than 9 games. Both big blows.

We've certainly not had our strongest team out much - neither have they mind, but I doubt there's any appreciable difference. Stronger teams? On paper maybe, in reality choose for yourself which set of problems you'd prefer.

Whatever either team accomplishes this season will owe a lot to squad depth.

Latest posts