TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Ulster
Connacht.png
Versus%20Super.png
Leinster.png

Time for the grandaddy of them all.... From a sold out Murrayfield Edinburgh.... WRESTLEMANIA! (aka Pro12 final where plucky Stone Cold [Connacht] takes on the corporate stooge, HHH [Leinster])

- - - Updated - - -

While I get some of the reasoning behind this designated "event" final, IMO its mostly a load of bull - would it not be better to:
- hold the semi-finals the week after the final regular round
- have 2 weeks between semis and final

Allowing:
1. Back to the top team on the table being able to designate a ground (or failing that, their union designating a ground).
2. No real advantage of 13 days vs 14 days turnaround for the final, as opposed to 8 days vs. 7.
3. No advantage for turnaround for the semis, as all teams are playing the final league round at the same time anyway.

You took the glory rounds from me Amiga... I'd put in a hard slog all year creating pro 12 threads, sometimes they were lacklustre threads, but I usually hung around average to good with a few gems thrown in for good measure.
You were often absent, coasting your way through the season with the odd decent performance. I'll give you credit where it is due and admit you upped your game in the later rounds but it should not have been enough momentum for you to get the glamour rounds. I let the semis fly because any misfit can squeeze into those but the final requires hard work and experience, two things you and your provinces rugby playing kin have never given or had.

This post is a fighting one Amiga and, with perfect elocution, I'm calling you out for stealing what I so rightfully deserve... "The Pro 12 Final Thread: The Champions Elect vs The Pig ****ers"

This post is a fighting one Amiga and, with perfect elocution, I'm calling you out for stealing what I so rightfully deserve... "The Pro 12 Final Thread: The Champions Elect vs The Pig ****ers"

You ain't fit to headline the big one.

See you at backlash. :cool:

(last time I checked, the f__king pigs were HQ'd in dublin...)

Issue with final is its on same weekend as Edinburgh Marathon so most getting screwed for accommodation and other things. Should be great final though and well must admit I'll have Connacht jersey on

Reflects very poorly on the Pro12 organisers.

Certainly. Im sure marathon has been planned for long time ao they knew about these issues. However on flip side it has been reported they'll get 40k attendance which is superb.

Not really.

If it was in Croke, they'd fill it (never mind the Aviva).

Past finals show this is best seller. Yes they'd sell Aviva if in Ireland but on 7 day notice its hard to predict and slam Pro12. I suppose they must spread final around.

Really looking forward to this now, if Connacht were playing anyone else I'd want them to win but obviously not now and I'm really enjoying everyone rooting against us. This will end in disappointment for all but us collar poppers.

Just read on Wikipedia that Connacht's nickname is apparently "The Devil's Own". Is that a reference to the not very good Harrison Forde Brad Pitt I.R.A movie or what? Never heard it used before once.

Just read on Wikipedia that Connacht's nickname is apparently "The Devil's Own". Is that a reference to the not very good Harrison Forde Brad Pitt I.R.A movie or what? Never heard it used before once.

Was the nickname of the 88th Connaught Rangers regiment in the British Army. Presumably that's where it comes from. Never heard of it being applied to the rugby team, but I'd co-opt it if I were a Connacht fan, who doesn't want to be the Devil's Own?

Sorry i forgot.

Anyway is there any Connacht supporters on the forum?
What is the likely hood Lam stay? Bath apparently interested i personally hope he stay with Connacht as i love the brand of rugby he is letting them play and home he leads them in the CC.

Latest posts