• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 14 - Round 22

I think we're possibly vulnerable at THP; no Marty Moore and Connacht have Denis Buckley. Tom O'Toole and Ross Kane could be in for a tough tough day.

Weather is given as dry right through the weekend which should help reduce number of scrums.

We've the benefit of Henderson in 2nd row, and Coetzee at 8.

But Connacht edge half backs IMO - simply cos Carty is so much better than Billy Burns.

Should be fairly even contest out the backs; perhaps Connacht slightly slicker as a unit - but we might carry the single most dangerous threat if Stockdale is fit.

Hopefully a good game. Don't think either team will bother the eventual winners though.

If Treviso can stand up to Munster up front (and they've been pretty nuggety in the pack) then they've every chance of beating them.

If Treviso can stand up to Munster up front (and they've been pretty nuggety in the pack) then they've every chance of beating them.
I honestly don't think so. Haven't lost at home all year and have got not far off max points in Thomond most of the year too.
I think we will grind out a comfortable enough but not awe inspiring win here and then fall short against Leinster.

I honestly don't think so. Haven't lost at home all year and have got not far off max points in Thomond most of the year too.
I think we will grind out a comfortable enough but not awe inspiring win here and then fall short against Leinster.
You'll beat us if we win in Newcastle, no chance Munster stand and watch a blue double-double.

You'll beat us if we win in Newcastle, no chance Munster stand and watch a blue double-double.
Joey will have 2 extra weeks but we are struggling to mix it up.
Big work tomorrow but can't see us steam rolling anyone

I'd fancy Munster to win at home against Benetton seeing as they had no trouble dispatching them a few weeks ago despite a weakened team. Ulster against Connacht could be very close. Marty Moore and Jacob Stockdale are big losses, one their best tighthead by a distance and the other their best attacking weapon.

Sounds like ticket sales are very poor for both games. To be fair, a bank holiday weekend in Ireland with only a weeks notice to sell tickets didn't help. Perhaps in future Munster would be wise to move short notice games like this to Musgrave Park which they'd fill rather than Thomond Park which is expected to be 2/3 empty. It's easy to be wise in hindsight though.

I'd fancy Munster to win at home against Benetton seeing as they had no trouble dispatching them a few weeks ago despite a weakened team. Ulster against Connacht could be very close. Marty Moore and Jacob Stockdale are big losses, one their best tighthead by a distance and the other their best attacking weapon.

Sounds like ticket sales are very poor for both games. To be fair, a bank holiday weekend in Ireland with only a weeks notice to sell tickets didn't help. Perhaps in future Munster would be wise to move short notice games like this to Musgrave Park which they'd fill rather than Thomond Park which is expected to be 2/3 empty. It's easy to be wise in hindsight though.
Issue for us isn't short turn around its the fact its communion time but also there is 3 festivals on. 2 in Limerick and 1 on Cork. Riverfest is arguably Limericks biggest annual festival and with time of 3pm it will always take a few. But I'd still expect there to be 15k. Moving to Musgrave would be financial loss as seating issue would arise too with season tickets and bank of Ireland corporate boxes play a part

Issue for us isn't short turn around its the fact its communion time but also there is 3 festivals on. 2 in Limerick and 1 on Cork. Riverfest is arguably Limericks biggest annual festival and with time of 3pm it will always take a few. But I'd still expect there to be 15k. Moving to Musgrave would be financial loss as seating issue would arise too with season tickets and bank of Ireland corporate boxes play a part
I didn't think about that. The figure I'm hearing is a crowd of around 10,000 is expected in Thomond Park. Munster are now offering "kids go free" to bump up the attendance.

I'm all for giving Cork more games and not just because I'm moving there in July. They've sold out every game they got this year and showed out for the 20s too. A meaningful high stakes game like this is perfect for Cork I think. It is kinda tough to get excited for this game I won't lie. I'm just waiting to jump in tickets for the semi the second the fixture is confirmed should we win.

I didn't think about that. The figure I'm hearing is a crowd of around 10,000 is expected in Thomond Park. Munster are now offering "kids go free" to bump up the attendance.
But to be fair the kids go free has been there all season for season ticket holders. So it's nothing new just papers are pucking up on it now for strange reason. I'd say 10k is the base. If sun shines it could boost it higher.

Cork would create a great atmosphere but there few issues.
From my side as physio we can operate much better in Limerick,
From Corporate there is much more scope in Limerick to cater.
From players perspective they all live in Limerick now bar maybe 5 or 6.
For fans if it is in Cork you make it harder for fans who wish to sit to get seats or even sit together. And a few issues like that. But the bigger issue is Riverfest which is hige for Limerick

I'm all for giving Cork more games and not just because I'm moving there in July. They've sold out every game they got this year and showed out for the 20s too. A meaningful high stakes game like this is perfect for Cork I think. It is kinda tough to get excited for this game I won't lie. I'm just waiting to jump in tickets for the semi the second the fixture is confirmed should we win.
Are you ST holder. Rumours are fact it is a 2 week turnaround that both provinces have agreed to go through some routes. Leinster are weary of having fans scramble for tickets on week of HEC final as well as players getting distracted and well for us it is trying to cater to cluns and MRSC

The fact the hurling championship starts next weekend will hit sales. Lots of lads will know they're off next weekend.
Frankly 20k was a great attendance for a pro14 game v Connacht so it evens out. It's the lack of notice for a match that's always tough to see that's a killer. Shur even leinster badly failed to sell out the aviva for the Toulouse game.

The fact the hurling championship starts next weekend will hit sales. Lots of lads will know they're off next weekend.
Frankly 20k was a great attendance for a pro14 game v Connacht so it evens out. It's the lack of notice for a match that's always tough to see that's a killer. Shur even leinster badly failed to sell out the aviva for the Toulouse game.
That's the ERCC, clubs have nothing to do with organising the semi final or final.

It's a case of bad timing, nothing to criticise.

Are you ST holder. Rumours are fact it is a 2 week turnaround that both provinces have agreed to go through some routes. Leinster are weary of having fans scramble for tickets on week of HEC final as well as players getting distracted and well for us it is trying to cater to cluns and MRSC
Nope not a season ticket holder as I can only get down to Limerick a few times a year. Hope I'll be able to jump fairly quick in on tickets as I've to bring a yank to a rugby match while he's here

Nope not a season ticket holder as I can only get down to Limerick a few times a year. Hope I'll be able to jump fairly quick in on tickets as I've to bring a yank to a rugby match while he's here
AIL finals on if you want to keep him safe! You can hope both clubs lose!

Will keep an ear to ground for you.

Latest posts