• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 2 2014/15...any thoughts from anyone?

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Come on guys, I am new here on the back of the fallen but wonder if anyone is actually interested in following or commenting on this level of French rugby?

nope Tony, I know very little about it and have never watched a full game. I wish I could assist you in your ordeal, but I've still got about one, maybe two more seasons of watching Toulouse in the Top 14. After that, I can start watching with you as Toulouse and Perpignan fight it out for a spot around the middle of the Pro D2 table.
No, actually, you know what...when Toulouse are relegated I'll just discretely shift to watching some other Top 14 side. Preferably a successful one. Probably Toulon.

I do know the Pro D2 is way rougher than what everybody believes, and I'd bet constitutes the toughest Tier 2 local league of any nation. I remember reading an interview from Rémi Grosso (Castres) who was just fresh off playing for Lyon around 2 seasons ago and he said the Pro D2 in some ways is actually tougher than the Top 14.

Maybe, because they get paid less each week but more on results if they get out of Pro 2, the care more?

I dunno I get the impression there's a strong grittiness about that second division, the level can't be as good as Top 14 but there seems to be a reigning hardness, toughness about it. It's very competitive, more than we think...hopefully you can confirm that for us.

If you have time Tony you can keep us all up to speed on the Pro D2, i,m sure you are capable, we will obviously throw in a comment or two to keep you happy and UN LONELY, we have Fattie Barnes and Miles Harrison on Sat eveing, for Sky, haven't seen the red wine swiller for a couple of seasons!!!!!!!!!!!

would definitely be interested. You know it, you're our official TRF eye, our spy, our.....rat if you will. :D

Well, before the kick off next week, we play a friendly against Agen tomorrow night.

After years of persevering with sub standard 10's, being one of the real causes of being in Pro 2, we signed Dan Waenga who showed flashes of being the finished article but seems very injury prone..... So, amongst the thousands of signings made, to replace those who had to go and those we lost because they were too good for us, did we sign up a back up 10 based on that experience?

I reckon the answer is NOOOOOOOOOO..........Benedict Baby is chosen to play there with Waenga injured!!

Will Blanco never learn, centres do not make fly halves!!! Are we doomed again by this incompetence or will it matter?

Thats not very nice Rat!!!!!! spy ok but B E rat, even me would have said nice rat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... we have Fattie Barnes and Miles Harrison on Sat eveing, for Sky, haven't seen the red wine swiller for a couple of seasons!!!!!!!!!!!

At least they are prepared to travel unlike Eurosport and BT Sport who did their "voice over" commentary from the studio!!!

Blanco is now buddy buddy with Phillippa so B O could be playing FED 1 NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least they are prepared to travel unlike Eurosport and BT Sport who did their "voice over" commentary from the studio!!!

Can you actually see Barny saying no no i dont want to go to the Garden of Red wine give me Sale or Exeter!!!!!!!!!!!

Blanco is now buddy buddy with Phillippa so B O could be playing FED 1 NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you Gaston but can only hope that Blanco gets so involved in stuffing up French International rugby that he leaves the management of the team to the Irishman and he with his two substandard side kicks somehow manage to avoid that further relegation.....mind you, that only works if Blanco gets the finances in place and maintains control on them which does not seem to be his forte either!!!!

Can you actually see Barny saying no no i dont want to go to the Garden of Red wine give me Sale or Exeter!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that would be Swansea or Galway as he does not get to do the Premiership anymore and think they have the other UK, Scotland and Eire competition........whatever it is called this season?!!

With Traille and Bouilhou both recent recruits and now managed by the ever talking Simon Mannix, they are certainly showing intent and recent seasons show class too!

And Couglan as well as them still sniffing around us

Latest posts