• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRO Rugby North America (Proposed kickoff April 2016)

I reckon someone should hire Peter Stringer for quarterback at the base of the scrimmage...

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes. Have been saying for years that a pro league in the states could have potential to become huge and would certainly benefit the USA and Canada international squads.

Waldouck the crock has gone to Ohio injuries have taken away a potentially great player

Great to see; hopefully it will expand into a competition with a few more teams in it.

I'd like to see a Chicago based team as I think there's a real opportunity there; given the number of test matches played or scheduled there, they should make the most of the exposure provided, and develop the market.

Some Canadian based teams are a good idea too, with a BC based team ... BC is in the same time zone as California, and it has a strong player base already to draw from.

DENVER 16
Tries â€" M. Al-Jiboori (71), N. Wallace (77)
Pens â€" N. Kruger (38), W. Magie (82)

OHIO 13
Tries â€" R. Suniula (16)
Cons â€" S. Davies (17)
Pens â€" S. Davies 2 (28, 40)
Yellow cards â€" S. Davies (70)

Attendance: 2,312
http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2016/04/17/dramatic-finish-sees-denver-drop-ohio/

- - - Updated - - -

SACRAMENTO 37
Tries – J. Motokana (24), G. Brewer (29), Penalty try (64), O. Kilifi (72), R. Koewler (80)
Cons – M. Bergamasco 2 (65, 73, 80)
Pens – M. Bergamasco (3)
Drop goal – H. Bennett (78)

SAN FRANCISCO 25
Tries – A. Gletzer (8), V. Rouse (34), S. Sakalia (43)
Cons – V. Rouse 2 (9, 35)
Pens – V. Rouse (14), M. Talapusi (68)
Yellow cards – N. Grass (60), T. Coolican (62)

Attendance: 3,400
http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2016/04/17/sacramento-tops-san-francisco-thriller/

Looks a decent couple of games, Denver's comeback from 13- with 10 to go must have been a decent watch and it looked a good one in Cali too. Not bad crowds,but I'm hopeful those numbers grow.

Any ideas of TV/Stream viewing numbers?

really upset that the Ohio-Denver game wasn't on TV... Anthony Parry, Ohio's tighthead replacement, was a teammate of mine from college and our school's first professional athlete since the 1920s

Yes, it’s a pity they don't have TV coverage for all their matches.
However, IMO steaming half of them it’s pretty good for the first season.

Regarding the TV/Stream viewing numbers, I don't have any info.
Maybe, some local guys can help us.

any idea if we can watch these matches from the UK online?

Latest posts