Ospreys.png

Saturday 16th February
Leinster.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Benetton.png

Scarlets.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Munster.png

Dragons taking a bit of a beating so far. 20-3 down, have hardly been in Glasgow 22.

Gotta love the BBC Northern Ireland commentators "the Zebre"

By gum I wish I supported Ulster and lived in Belfast.....they have some players and their games are always such good value - bit like Biarritz really........well they both play in red and white!!

Think Zebre doing pretty good job for a squad put together this season with some rather aged players! Their defence in certain parts of the first half was fantastic!

I hate the use it call. This is better, and we've only our slack play in the first half to blame for not being more up, but I hate Paterson like an ugly fat girl who won't leave you alone and keeps trying to ride you.

Dargons can suck it, totally awful showing. Should be embarrassed with that

God, this is dire stuff from the Dragons. Considering they are only missing Faletau and Coombs to the Welsh squad, and Lydiate injured, it's just pathetic.

The tackling has been terrible, and anything half decent in attack is immediately followed by a mistake.

I hate the use it call. This is better, and we've only our slack play in the first half to blame for not being more up, but I hate Paterson like an ugly fat girl who won't leave you alone and keeps trying to ride you.

Bringing back bad memories, Peat? Haha :p.

EDIT: Just saw the score, 3-53.... HAHAHAHA

Last edited:
What a crock of ****ing shite.
Total overhaul of staff et al needed.
Feel bad for Dixon, Amos, Jones who are coming through in such a shower of a team.

Sooner the WRU and Regions sort this mess out the better.

Dragons for far to long have been laughing stock who are in dire need of rescuing. Sooner they rid themselves of Edwards the better.

Last edited:
Sooner the WRU and Regions sort this mess out the better.

Dragons for far to long have been laughing stock who are in dire need of rescuing. Sooner they rid themselves of Edwards the better.
Edwards is only one cog in the machine. We dropped Turner and things only got worse.
It's deeper than the coaching staff.

Edwards is only one cog in the machine. We dropped Turner and things only got worse.
It's deeper than the coaching staff.

Edwards plays just as an important factor as some of the lackluster and lack of quality players the Dragons have.

Agree. We have a shambolic pack and undecided backline.
Sure there are some promising players, but what's the point throwing them into **** and asking them to shovel it?

I'm not sure what can be done at the Dragons, other than hoping that the quality comes through. I mean looking realistically at the Dragons squad, this is roughly who I see as being of a high enough standard to compete with in the Pro12:

04 Andrew Coombs
06 Dan Lydiate (leaving)
07 Lewis Evans
08 Toby Faletau

09 Jonathan Evans
11 Tonderai Chavhanga
14 Tom Prydie

16 Sam Parry
21 Wayne Evans
22 Adam Hughes
23 Steffan Jones

Maybe one of the young props would be acceptable on the bench, but tbh I've not seen too much in any of them to suggest they'll become quality regional players. Only Coombs since his international performances is of a decent enough quality in the second row. Honestly, the fact that Sidoli is still playing at regional level is a joke. There is a little quality in the back-row, but there's a chance Faletau will leave, and Ieuan Jones lacks experience at present, but will hopefully develop.

In the back-line, it's a case of not quite good enough and too young/inexperienced to really be playing at this level. Jonathan Evans is the main exception, as he's been performing on a consistent basis. Even Chavhanga has looked decidedly rubbish thus far, although I think he'd look better on the end of a decent back-line. Tom Prydie is good enough imo. The rest are either hugely inconsistent (Ashley Smith, Hughes, Tuilagi, Dan Evans, Leach), not the player they once were (Harries) or yet again to young (Amos, Steffan Jones).

I'd say that a good 50% of the Dragons squad aren't of the necessary standard, with many of the youngsters likely not ever going to be good enough (sorry but the likes of Robbling are never going to cut it imo). There's only a hand-full of players good enough to be starting big regional games, and a further few good enough to be sitting on the bench. That's far from good enough.

On top of this, the coaching looks terrible.

So what's the answer, because a 60 point thrashing to a Glasgow side shorn of a number of their international players, at home is unforgivable. This wasn't a full strength Leinster team away ffs!

That 6 foot 10 giant the Dragons brought on yesterday is quite possibly the least mobile and slowest player ever seen on a professional rugby field.

diapoe1814eb4eee2bdfc1989213fdec53bf6.gif

That 6 foot 10 giant the Dragons brought on yesterday is quite possibly the least mobile and slowest player ever seen on a professional rugby field.

diapoe1814eb4eee2bdfc1989213fdec53bf6.gif

Dear god that was awful, it wasn't even like he'd been out there for the full 80 and was gassed, he came off the bench!!!! A prop could have run for try through that gap.

The Dragons had given up by that stage, not dusputing his QE2-like turning circle and speed of an asthmatic sloth, but I'm willing to bet if it was a closer game he'd move a smidge faster

Latest posts