Club or Nation
Leinster
Leinster v Munster
RDS
18 March 14:30

Glasgow v Ulster
Scotstoun
17 March 19:45

Only a week to prepare having being thoroughly beaten by Saracens isn't ideal preparation for Leinster. The chance to get the a Pro 14 final still makes it an excellent season for Lenster.

I fancy them to win, just. Don't think there'll be many changes because the squad have been well rested over the last couple of months and can empty the tank seeing as they won't play any games in June, July or meaningful games in August and early September. Changes I'd make would be to bring Edward Byrne and Andrew Porter onto the bench for their carrying, Max Deegan to 7 in place of Sean O'Brien and Josh van der Flier to replacement backrow.

In 2010 and 2012, Ospreys came to Dublin and spoiled the party by beating Leinster in Pro 12 finals. Resetting goals for this season, the aim now has to be to get past Munster and become party poopers against Glasgow in their home city.

I don't think we need to go overboard with changes, last week was brutally physical but most of them have hardly played and they all have a point to prove unlike other years after European finals (as if Munster aren't a big enough motivator by themselves). That said I'd change the sub props, swap Ruddock and Fardy (to be reversed next week), bring in Josh Vdf for SOB (leaving Deegan on the bench). Maybe put Dave Kearney in instead of Lowe as well and bring in JGP as well.

What the f**k.

Why is John Lacey refereeing our game?

It just puts him under undue pressure before he even sets a foot on the pitch. One poor decision our way and you can imagine the grumblings.

Surely they could have got Marius and Nigel in to referee both semi-finals...? Or if you want to hold one of them back for the final, send Frank Murphy to the RDS (both Irish teams, so IRFU ref doesn't matter).

edit: Actually, rewind that, Frankie boy is from Cawk - so that wouldn't do. Send Ben Whitehouse to the RDS - thats what they deserve :D:cool:

Last edited:
What the f**k.

Why is John Lacey refereeing our game?

It just puts him under undue pressure before he even sets a foot on the pitch. One poor decision our way and you can imagine the grumblings.

Surely they could have got Marius and Nigel in to referee both semi-finals...? Or if you want to hold one of them back for the final, send Frank Murphy to the RDS (both Irish teams, so IRFU ref doesn't matter).

edit: Actually, rewind that, Frankie boy is from Cawk - so that wouldn't do. Send Ben Whitehouse to the RDS - thats what they deserve :D:cool:

We had Murphy in December. There wasn't any bias but it's silly to put refsnin that position.

Leinster team for the Pro 14 final warm up against Munster:

15 Larmour
14 D Kearney
13 Ringrose
12 Henshaw
11 Lowe
10 R Byrne
9 McGrath
1 Healy
2 Cronin
3 Furlong
4 Ryan
5 Toner
6 Ruddock
7 van der Flier
8 Conan

16 B Byrne
17 E Byrne
18 Porter
19 Fardy
20 Deegan
21 McCarthy
22 Sexton
23 O'Loughlin

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (C), CJ Stander, Arno Botha.
Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Jack O'Donoghue, Alby Mathewson, JJ Hanrahan, Dan Goggin.

Nice of ye to give Nick a nice send off. Pity in a warm up game ye wouldn't give Jack a chance to say goodbye.
We have probably shown way we will play and expect a change

Think that's a stronger pack than we picked last week. Adam Byrne's injury had low key been a heavy loss to us though, I'd rather him and Gibson Park in.

Joey Carbery is the most talented 10 New Zealand has ever produced. Ross Byrne isn't even the most talented 10 in his family.

Joey Carbery is the most talented 10 New Zealand has ever produced. Ross Byrne isn't even the most talented 10 in his family.
Without looking beyond the Leinster set up I can say with absolute certainty that their are more professionals from the Byrne family than New Zealand.

Latest posts