Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Exciting stuff in store this weekend... my picks:

EDI 18 ULS 10
KIN 8 OSP 20 (What do they use? SOU? KIN? SK?)
BEN 22 MUN 12
CON 17 CAR 12
LEI 21 GLA 12
CHE 18 DRA 18

Great matchups this weekend, though it lacks some of the intensity of the Premiership and impending relegation... Exciting times!

I'd say you're fairly close on your winners with the exception of the draw, I'd fancy a handy win from the Cheetahs. Could see Leinster losing to Glasgow too in what will likely be a second string side v Glasgow's strongest.

Great point about Saracens, but I'm feeling a little burned rooting for Scottish teams these days...

We will be sending a mix of lads just back from Boston, fringe lads and squad players to Italy so we could win well or be hammered.
Connacht have a few issues too and it is feel of a season defining game for both there so could be flip of a coin.

Don't I know it - I'm in Boston, and went to see Connacht v Ulster a couple weeks ago... my first-ever live rugby match, good times!

My first ever live rugby match was a tri-nations encounter between Australia v South Africa in Perth, WA around 15 years ago when George Gregan and Wendell Sailor were in their prime.

Will never forget hearing that 'thud' noise of someone landing a proper hit on an opponent - like buffalo charging at each other in a field. Also remember the visible cloud of steam coming off the players' bodies.

Will never forget hearing that 'thud' noise of someone landing a proper hit on an opponent
I know exactly what you mean!... It's funny, because the guy at the gate taking tickets asked if it was my first match, and he was like, "Ooh, you're gonna love it, hearing the impacts in person makes it a whole different experience!" Yup, he was right. :)

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (206)
14. Jordan Larmour (34)
13. Joe Tomane (11)
12. Robbie Henshaw (32)
11. Dave Kearney (133)
10. Ross Byrne (66)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (69)
1. Ed Byrne (41)
2. James Tracy (89)
3. Michael Bent (120)
4. Devin Toner (227)
5. Jack Dunne (4)
6. Josh Murphy (19)
7. Seán O'Brien (123) CAPTAIN
8. Caelan Doris (13)

16. Seán Cronin (168)
17. Cian Healy (203)
18. Tadhg Furlong (97)
19. Will Connors (3)
20. Max Deegan (40)
21. Hugh O'Sullivan (12)
22. Ciarán Frawley (12)
23. Adam Byrne (51)

The good, the bad and the ugly in there!

Good to see Henshaw and Toner back and nice for Connors after a pretty bad injury.

Any word on Sexton?

Can only assume Murphy is covering the row as I'd be surprised if Connors breaks 100kg. Doesn't seem to smart to have second row cover start when a player is just coming back from injury but suppose Doris or Deegan could fill in in a pinch.

Good to see Henshaw and Toner back and nice for Connors after a pretty bad injury.

Any word on Sexton?

Can only assume Murphy is covering the row as I'd be surprised if Connors breaks 100kg. Doesn't seem to smart to have second row cover start when a player is just coming back from injury but suppose Doris or Deegan could fill in in a pinch.
Did Murphy not start start at lock a few weeks ago? I'd him managing to cover both backrow and lock is fairly important to his future with Leinster.

Anyway great to see Connors back. Henshaw and Toner starting is a big boost for next week as well.

It's nice to see Dunne getting rewarded for his ridiculous performance off the bench past week. That sub front row is scary as well.

Hopefully Tomane can build on a decent showing last week. The competition for back three places next week is really tight so it'll be interesting to see how they get on.

I know Kelleher is in America but I'm a bit disappointed we haven't seen a bit more of him and Abdaladze over the last while.

Nice to see SOB as captain. He needs a big performance though.

I'd say Sexton should be fine given that we're risking Ross Byrne which we wouldn't if Sexton wasn't going to make it, we're not going to beat Toulouse with Frawley at 10.

Did Murphy not start start at lock a few weeks ago? I'd him managing to cover both backrow and lock is fairly important to his future with Leinster.

Anyway great to see Connors back. Henshaw and Toner starting is a big boost for next week as well.

It's nice to see Dunne getting rewarded for his ridiculous performance off the bench past week. That sub front row is scary as well.

Hopefully Tomane can build on a decent showing last week. The competition for back three places next week is really tight so it'll be interesting to see how they get on.

I know Kelleher is in America but I'm a bit disappointed we haven't seen a bit more of him and Abdaladze over the last while.

Nice to see SOB as captain. He needs a big performance though.

I'd say Sexton should be fine given that we're risking Ross Byrne which we wouldn't if Sexton wasn't going to make it, we're not going to beat Toulouse with Frawley at 10.

Yeah Murphy can play secondrow as I mentioned. Just saying it doesn't seem especially prudent to have him as the only secondrow cover and starting when one of your starting secondrows is just coming back from an injury and is presumably not supposed to play the full 80. If anything happens to Murphy then someone who hasn't played secondrow will have to cover there. Obviously it's not the end of the world as the result is not of any importance in the end but it just seems as if having Murphy on the bench would have been the smarter play, it's not as if they don't know what they have in him by this stage either. Again not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, just seemed strange to me.

Yeah Murphy can play secondrow as I mentioned. Just saying it doesn't seem especially prudent to have him as the only secondrow cover and starting when one of your starting secondrows is just coming back from an injury and is presumably not supposed to play the full 80. If anything happens to Murphy then someone who hasn't played secondrow will have to cover there. Obviously it's not the end of the world as the result is not of any importance in the end but it just seems as if having Murphy on the bench would have been the smarter play, it's not as if they don't know what they have in him by this stage either. Again not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, just seemed strange to me.
I know what you're saying but with Molony and Kearney injured it's probably unavoidable. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted Toner to get 80 minutes into him before next week either, or if we want to give Murphy more time at lock.

Well a superb performance by us. Superb showing from our young guns and JJ having his best game I'd say ever as a 10. (Which I credit to Alby too). Sets us up well for next week and to get 5points is phenomenal really. Daly was superb on the wing.
I know @snoopy snoopy dog dog has mentioned doubts about Johann but he has trusted youth the more he has got to learn about the way the structures work here. And has rotated the squad brilliantly. And from a physio POV it's clear to see that compared to the last time we played Saracens in a SF and have a run in for PRO14 we are hugely more fresher I feel. And it shows by our level of finishing games stronger

Scarlets have been given a lifeline by Benetton and Edinburgh both losing at home - their last two games are against Zebre and Dragons.

Ospreys had a good win at Kings, though they did seem to become complacent in the 2nd half. Hoping for Cardiff to win at Connacht.

Would rather concede a try than lose the out half for 10 minutes. Did look like he genuinely thought the ball was in hand.

The rucks for both sides are very quick interesting to see how this affects the game going forward.

JGP looking very lively.

Good to see Henshaw taking **** ball and getting go forward.

Latest posts