• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Problem with Xbox Live, can anyone help?

• Thread starter I cant think of a username
  • Start date
I

I cant think of a username

Well everybody I've a bit of a problem with Xbox Live and was wondering if anyone could help me out. The message that is coming up on the screen when I select 'Join Xbox Live' is as follows:

"A console update is available from Xbox Live. If you decline you will be signed out of Xbox Live. For more info go to www.xbox.com/update.
Do you want to apply the update now?"

After I select the option to update it begins updating but stops after a couple of seconds and I get a message saying:

"Update Failed
Can't download the update. Please test your connection in System, Network Settings and try again. If the problem persists go to www.xbox.com/support"

When I check my connection I get the following results:

Network Adapter-Wireless

Wireless Network-Confirmed
IP Address-Confirmed
DNS-Confirmed
MTU-Confirmed
ICMP-Confirmed
Xbox Live-
NAT

While it is checking the connection to Xbox Live the update message comes up, (so I presume this must mean I'm connected).

I had the same issue with my previous XBL account. It wouldn't let me update I called up tech support and it came to be that my credit card linked with the account had insufficient funds.

I'd recommend you call up tech support or another reason being your having this trouble is your wireless connection.

yeah i reccomend actually going to an xbox forum aswell they might be more helpful than a rugby forum :p

You need to look at the firewall settings and i think something to the networking settings too.

The funds shouldn't be an issue, i.e the credit card.

When was the last time you went on XBL? The last console update was months ago haha, try recovering your gamertag it worked for me when I didn't have the net for a few months.

I was worried my achievements where going to be wiped out but they where fine.

Recover your gamertag, if you back online through this method then message me gamertag = spandex booby.

Latest posts