• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Project Gotham 3

Well, firstly, GT4 came out well before Forza, so obviously it was the best racing sim for a while.

Secondly, Gamespots review of GT4 was an 8.9/10 overall, Forza's being 9.2, beating GT4 in all but graphics. (Forza has better graphics anyway).

Thirdly, GT4 will always outsell Forza, simply because there are far more PS2 owners in this world than Xbox owners.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 23 2005, 09:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ May 23 2005, 09:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 23 2005, 09:44 PM
GT5 or 'Vision' will be one of the first games I get on PS3.
GT5 or 'Vision' will be one of the first games I copy on my chipped PS3. [/b]
My dad's a cop

Originally posted by Wally+May 24 2005, 06:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 24 2005, 06:44 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 09:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

GT5 or 'Vision' will be one of the first games I copy on my chipped PS3.
My dad's a cop[/b]
I bet are getting ur ps3 chipped!
<

Im not getting a PS3, its not going to be as good as the almighty Xbox 360.

Originally posted by Wally+May 24 2005, 06:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 24 2005, 06:44 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 09:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

GT5 or 'Vision' will be one of the first games I copy on my chipped PS3.
My dad's a cop [/b]
<

In NZ?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 24 2005, 05:03 PM
Well, firstly, GT4 came out well before Forza, so obviously it was the best racing sim for a while.

Secondly, Gamespots review of GT4 was an 8.9/10 overall, Forza's being 9.2, beating GT4 in all but graphics. (Forza has better graphics anyway).

Thirdly, GT4 will always outsell Forza, simply because there are far more PS2 owners in this world than Xbox owners.
not that i dont rate forza - it is very good and xbox's best racing game, and gt4's 1st real competition

but still it fails in alot of aspects compared to gt4..IMO and many others

still the heated competition is only a good thing for us

i was beginning to think the gt4 people were holding back on a few things (damage for one) coz they basically have a monopoly with car racing genre

Forza will push GT4 to go even furthur, and vice versa............ALL BLISS for me

Originally posted by ak47+May 25 2005, 11:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ May 25 2005, 11:08 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@May 24 2005, 05:03 PM

not that i dont rate forza - it is very good and xbox's best racing game, and gt4's 1st real competition

but still it fails in alot of aspects compared to gt4..IMO and many others

still the heated competition is only a good thing for us

i was beginning to think the gt4 people were holding back on a few things (damage for one) coz they basically have a monopoly with car racing genre

Forza will push GT4 to go even furthur, and vice versa............ALL BLISS for me [/b]
Well, I read somewhere that the manufacturers didn't want them to put damage effects on their cars, also, it probably would've pushed the PS2's limits a bit too far.

Forza is a much better simulation imo. And many others for that matter.

Oh, and kinkon, PGR is purely an arcade racer, whereas GT is simulation.

It's like comparing rugby to soccer.

Originally posted by gjohn85@May 26 2005, 06:34 AM
Forza's not bad for their first attempt, GT is on its 4th now!
Yes but GT defeated all its rival in all its versions at those times.

Still, though, tomorrow for the weekend I will be hiring Forza as well as Doom3
<

Originally posted by gjohn85@May 26 2005, 06:34 AM
Forza's not bad for their first attempt, GT is on its 4th now!
go rent ps1, and gt1

for their 1st attempt GT still had more cars than FORZA (which came out 8yrs later, on a console which is far better than PSOne)

compare both 1st attempts of both games and FORZA has nothing

GT will never have crash dynamics whilst it comprises of 700 cars

the reason they have so many manufacturers, it due to there being no damage

I know for a fact manufacturers WONT get on board, if damage exists, for the fear the game will make their cars look and perform worse than others under damage simulated environments

P.S had another stint at FORZA last night...............loving it........bout time i can pick and choose from 2 good quality racing sims.

Played 3 of the 4 GT games, they where ok but too in-depth for me!

I haven't played Forza yet, just seen a video review

Latest posts