Promoting the Top League

Japanese_Hero

Academy Player
Country Flag
Japan
Club or Nation
Japan
hey guys, ryu here

so um me and yt1993 were having a discussion about what we can do to promote japanese rugby to you guys, now i understand you guys have no idea on japanese rugby and you guys might just think off us as a semi-pro league just like the argentinian league. i was thinking like we think a problem is that you guys dont really want to watch an hour and 30 minutes to get an idea off japanese rugby so i was thinking if we made a channel and we post only the best parts off a match which is like 3 - 5 minutes which gives you more free time and also get an idea off japenese rugby at the same time.

what do you think ?

sure, I'd like that. I'd like to get an idea because I've only seen brief footage so far...I'm sure it's very attack-minded, like the Japanese team itself.
I was just re-watching France Japan RWC 2011 the other day. Japan were really playing WELL, like, tier 1 level well in that game. Some beautiful passing and handling, and complex movements not just left-left-left-left-right-right-right-right.

i'd happily watch that, i wish more people would do a highlights package on youtube for each league - but rights etc... probably scupper that.

What I personally would love to see is a one hour round up for each of the S14, Avivia, Pro12, Top League, North American rugby and then 5 minutes should cover the Top 14*

(*that is just a joke Big Ewis)

so um me and yt1993 were having a discussion about what we can do to promote japanese rugby to you guys, now i understand you guys have no idea on japanese rugby and you guys might just think off us as a semi-pro league just like the argentinian league.

I'm sure that the Argentinian League has a very high level even higher than the Japanese League. You have many foreign players and most of them play in Japan at the end of their careers as Jerry Collins, Jerome Kaino and others. Few players going to Japan at his best like SBW or JP Pietersen but they only play a few games in Japan, seeking only money they aren't interested in Japanese rugby.

The Argentinian League instead, is composed of 100% by Argentine players, we don't have foreign players rented. Favoring somewhat as well get more players for the National team than you. The only difference is that Japan has more money, but the Argentina League a lot of tradition, a lot of history. All great Pumas players have emerged from our league such as: Hugo Porta, Agustin Pichot, Patricio Noriega, Juan Martin Hernandez , Mario Ledesma, Patricio Albacete and others.

The Argentinian League has very much history. Several Argentine clubs have more than 100 years of existence such as the CASI (Club Atletico de San Isidro) was founded in 1902, this club emerged as big players such: Agustin Pichot and Santiago Phelan. Lomas Athletic Club which was founded in 1891, this club emerged as big players such: Santiago Gomez Cora (He holds the all-time record for number of tries scored on the IRB Sevens World Series circuit with 230 tries) and Hindu Club which was founded in 1919. This club came the famous player Patricio Noriega, (Argentine prop who played for Wallabies and Brumbies) and Gonzalo Quesada too (He was the top points scorer at the RWC 1999, scoring 102 points).

The Argentinian League will not be 100 % professional, it's true. But it has a high level. Most of the players are young (Under 20 years have in many cases) and are of a level of upper middle class (So they don't need to work 8 hours a day, they have time to train almost professionally ) . For this reason, many great Argentine players who played professional rugby in Europe, cost them adapt to the League when they returned from Europe in the last years of career. Players like: Gonzalo Longo, Diego Albanese , Gonzalo Tiesi , Felipe Contepomi , who returned to play our league , after -year professional career in Europe, said the league was very competitive and the athleticism of the players was high.

For example, when the Pumas managed the famous third place in RWC 2007, that team had a player who was playing in our League, Horacio Agulla (Playing in Hindu Club in 2007). Back then he only playing in the local league, and despite that, he had an excellent level against the best European backs professionals. A demonstration that the Argentina League , although not 100% professional , has a respectable level.

Another example, when The Pumas beat Ireland in RWC 99 and pass the group stage of a RWC for the first in Rugby history. That team was composed mostly of players who were playing in the Liga Argentina, very few were professionals.

Cheers

Last edited:
yeah but were no-where near as bad for foreign players as france are no offence to french users. and i might go ahead with it what should my username be i have no idea and would any one want an example of japanese university rugby.

sure, I'd like that. I'd like to get an idea because I've only seen brief footage so far...I'm sure it's very attack-minded, like the Japanese team itself.
I was just re-watching France Japan RWC 2011 the other day. Japan were really playing WELL, like, tier 1 level well in that game. Some beautiful passing and handling, and complex movements not just left-left-left-left-right-right-right-right.

it explains how were ranked higher than italy really :)

Latest posts