• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Promotion?

Melhor Time

Bench Player
How does the syetem work with promotion to the Aviva Premiership?

I gather that desptie doing really well Bristol may not even win promotion.

Top 8 go into 2 pools of 4, play other sides home and away. Top of Pool 1 plays 2nd in pool 2 and vice versa in semi finals and winners play a 2-legged final.

I bloody well hope so :lol:

We're 2nd in our group due to the fact we've drawn the last 2 home games. Got London Welsh next Sunday which is a big game. The next problem is that the RFU have said that only a few team have good enough stadia or the Premiership, us and I can't remember who else

Listen to TRF Podcast number two for all your RFU Championship info! ;)

If they win. No other team in the playoffs can win promotion, because of facilities etc... If Bristol don't win then no one will be promoted or relegated

It's a shame about Bedford and Cornish not being able to be promoted there is actualy a chance they could win the RFU this year. Esher are going down, they cannot avoid relegation even with some games left in the relegation pool.

For my own Canadian interests at Esher I hope someone picks up Phil Mackenzie who was a stand out player even with a bad club, not sure where his brother Jamie will end up though.

Can we not just put them in the final now and save everyone a lot of bother...?

Promotion is decided by the Masons. Do you ****wits know nothing about rugby?

OT: Bedford would likely play in Luton or Milton Keynes if they finished top of the pile - Goldington rd is impossible to develop.

Shits and giggles time: Rugby Lions reckon they will have and fill a 30,000 all seater stadium within 5 years...

I now gather only Bristol and Leeds could gain promotion to the Premiership, well according to John Taylor - http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2011-12/rugby/story/162939.html

It really pishes me off this. Why cant the RFU, instead of just saying "no, your ground doesn't meet the criteria",actually get off their arses and actually help them make the grounds good enough. Or would that create chances for their friends clubs to get replaced.

Pretty sure if Wasps go down the RFU will decide the Mem isnt good enough to save their chums

They may decide the Mem isn't good enough because Bris are only tenants in their own stadium. I heard whispers of some ruling about this a few years ago.

It really pishes me off this. Why cant the RFU, instead of just saying "no, your ground doesn't meet the criteria",actually get off their arses and actually help them make the grounds good enough. Or would that create chances for their friends clubs to get replaced.

Pretty sure if Wasps go down the RFU will decide the Mem isnt good enough to save their chums

I don't think the RFU could help out 10 clubs Selim.

Its called the RFU Championship, the best way the RFU could help the league and the development of Rugby in England is by getting a half decent sponsor, getting some TV Rights to it, 1 game a week on TV. Making the LV Pointless Cup, against Aviva and Championship, rather the English vs Welsh... Big Final at Twickenham, gives fans a big day out...

Does Sales, Wasps or Newcastles ground fit the criteria? Just out of interest?

I think the Rec only qualifies due to the temporary stand, but hopefully the new stadium will resolve that, once they can sort out a deal...

Latest posts