Pronunciation tips for some South African names

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bull, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Bull

Bull Guest

http://www.planetrugby.com/News/story_49847.shtml

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Rassie

Rassie Guest

And if you have difficuleties with our coloureds names just refer to them as keffirs, kaffers

4. Rassie

Rassie Guest

And if you have difficuleties with our coloureds names just refer to them as keffirs, kaffers

5. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

If anyone has trouble with Islanders names just call them nigga' and then see how fast you can run as if your life depended on it...

6. cavan

cavan Guest

isn't kaffer a racist term? It's what Robbie Fleck called Stan Collymore after he beat the crap outta him in Burger King on Grafton Street a few years ago.

7. Stormer

Stormer Guest

Rassie I hope that is a lame attempt at humour.....

8. woosaah

woosaah Guest

dont hope, it is

9. BigTen

BigTen Guest

Yeah that is stupid everybody knows that Stan Collymore is a bitch and not a "keffir".

I am a big Robbie Fleck fan now.

10. imagine gettin chased down by lome faatau...the man who fought jerry collins

i remember back in mid-90s and there were very big problems with saying the island names..they got the lingo pretty good nowadays..top effort for that commentators

how do you guys rate tony johnson from sky nz???..i reckon hes very very good but he doesnt have 'the voice'..grant nesbitt has an excellent voice and replies very well to murry mexteds comments

mexted :" look at the crowd tonight..hey look at that halfnaked man..hes got big nipples!!!"

grant : "... .. ..." (cough)

11. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Tony johnson is not bad (knows his stuff) ,when he was commentating the Brumbies last match i noticed that his left hand looks kinda gimpish like he he cant move it or somthing, i've never noticed it before ........ whats up with his hand?

The best Super 14 commentators for me are Kearnsey and Marto........ funny ********, they also add alot of excitement to the game with there screaming and stuff.

12. EXACTLY...the most exciting commentry team southern rugby

i dont know why u aussies rate those other guys that did the world cup..they are so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....they make exciting games sound crap

phil kearns is my hero tho!!!..i love his remarks on scrumming "that scrum will be on my dvd...101 greatest scrums of all time!" haha and he sez it wit passion too

those guys are my favorites,i like listening to the saffers too they are very informative but not such good delievery wit words...keith quinn was a grand wizard but aging and other sports have ruined his approach to rugby commentating

i say give ray warren a million dollar deal to do all super14 games and international games..put him with the kearns and marto and BAM!

rugby heaven watching the trinations!!!

im luvin martoz commentry when latham scores tries
    ORRHHHHRAAAA!!!! LAAAAAYYYYY THHHAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!

superb!!!!!!!

13. Could some one please SHUT MARTIN UP!!! He is the worst, most biased commentator around. I have foxtel digital, and whenever the game is active and Martin is commentating, asap I switch the audio from commentary to referee. There is no one more annoying than him.

14. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

I think your on your own here Groen, Marto is a legend and he always seems to talk up the opposition, i dont think he's biased at all.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!