RoosTah

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Australia
Club or Nation
Sydney
Hey guys,

I realise this is not the most ideal forum to post this in, but to any rugby league fans out there I'd be keen to get your feedback on my proposal to update the Sydney Roosters logo to something that is simultaneously classic and modern.

Have a look below:

34b9631.png

For those of you unfamiliar with the club, this is our current one:

Sydney_Roosters_logo.svg

which replaced our older logo from the 70s to 90s that looked like this:
Eastern_Suburbs_Roosters_logo_1978.jpg
and before that it looked like this
roosters_1967.jpg

As you can see, my proposed logo is an attempt to reconcile all of these elements into a simplified and streamlined look.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Easts_Proof.png
    Easts_Proof.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
It looks a hell of a lot cooler. The current one looks like a fast food chain logo.

It looks a hell of a lot cooler. The current one looks like a fast food chain logo.

Cheers mate - appreciate it. I never understood why we went for the cartoon look. Just always felt so tacky...

I had to double check that the current logo wasn't some sort of joke! I agree with Peat, it looks like something I might see on a bucket of fried chicken here in the States :D

The new one you propose is everything you could hope to have in your team's logo. Clearly identifies location, gives you the mascot, established date, colors, etc.

I had to double check that the current logo wasn't some sort of joke! I agree with Peat, it looks like something I might see on a bucket of fried chicken here in the States :D

The new one you propose is everything you could hope to have in your team's logo. Clearly identifies location, gives you the mascot, established date, colors, etc.

Thanks mate - generally the response has been pretty close to universally positive so far and most of our fans never really liked the change to our current one.

New logo is far better. Looks classier and is a nod to history incorporating elements of past symbols. Definitely an improvement.

I've been tinkering with it a bit more:

e0a91e2.png

Last edited:
I've been playing around with it a bit more and added depth and put it into a more poster look:

5ce0097.png

Last edited:
Very nice design, man. You get that classic look which in my opinion is way better. Hope the Roosters will give out that cartoonish current logo

Good effort, man... reckon that could get some traction if you put some effort into getting fans on board.

Start a petition on a fan forum or something along those lines.

I've updated the concept to include the plain Rooster for other branding (can go red or blue) and also made minor changes to the shield version:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Roosterblue.pngRS.png

It's really nice and clean, but I prefer it without the rugby ball.

The rooster is flat and clean, while the ball looks 3D with a shadow and cluttered.

The Rooster actually isn't quite flat, with some tonal shift for depth. The ball is there as a homage to our original logo, and it's only cell shaded now to keep it in line with the rooster. Before when it was 3D shading I agree it looked off, but think the cell shading keeps it consistent.

I've updated it a little more to reflect changes requested by the graphic design guy at the club (although this is in no way an officially sanctioned project - he's really just humouring me because he likes the classic look too). Basically the requests have been to try incorporate "Roosters" in there some how and get rid of the 3D extrudes on the shield. Others have also suggested making the Est 1908 clearer and putting ESDRLFC in there somewhere.

Along with that, I've now also give the Rooster some extra cell shading to make it conform more with the look of the ball ala Sionco's request:

0930675.png

Last edited:

Latest posts