Props

tomwid_88

Academy Player
Five Favourite Things

- Good goal kicking system
- Star Players
- Set pieces, especially in Rugby 04
- Lions tour in 05
- The principle of the challenge mode, and world league, but in reality the execution of them both was quite poor

Bad Points

-Unrepresentative stats for lots of players, seemed like developers weren't knowledgeable enough about the game
- One team couldn't really dominate scrums or mauls, even if their scrummaging rating was much higher. There should be one team whose scrum is under pressure all the way through the match, and players like Sheridan, Euan Murray and Hayman should be able to take apart weaker scrumagers like Healy.
- Some star players broke too many tackles, for instance when it was a back against a forward. Similarly, some forwards didn't break enough tackles.
- Unrealistic appearances for players, with there seemingly being no attempt at all to represent some players, for instance strettle, bald with tape?
- Some fly halves could kick the ball unrealistically far, such as wilkinson and carter who always kicked it over 50 yards.

of course the game was also far too easy, with up and unders almost always leading to a try. as well as this the computer ai was poor with their whole 15 chasing your one player quite often.

an edit mode where you could edit appearance as well as stats would resolve my first and fourth point.

oh and one more thing, i will be disappointed if scotland players like beattie, barkley, cussiter, blair and murray are not rated very highly, just because of an assumption that scotland are 'rubbish' at rugby, because right now there isn't a better back row than the scottish one, there isn't a better tighthead in the world except maybe hayman, and it would show the ignorance of the developers to rugby if they didn't give them a fair representation. and this is coming from an england fan. also remember the welsh finished 4th again this 6 nations, and they were lucky to finish that highly, so don't make them out to be world beaters.

do all of that and you'd have a pretty decent game, the edit mode is crucial though i think. thank you for listening to us.

Adam Jones is better than Euan Murray...

Fair enough, but I think on form he has better technique in the scrum and a better work ethic around the park.

Form has nothing to do with technique. Murray has been off form for most of the season, but there's still not a better scrummaging tighthead in the world. Except on Sundays. Then it's Carl Hayman.

Anyway, split and moved.

He did a great job against Ireland but thats been his only standout performance this season.

Also, the frankly incompetent handling of scrums by referees in Club and International Rugby has distorted things somewhat...especially if you have to reset the scrum twenty times...

Boring in, Boring in, Boring in. A taste of his own medicine by Munster puts Bullitits claims under the microscope.

I you're trying to suggest that Horan - who's not even remotely recovered form getting a royal buttfuck from Santiago Bonarino last October yet - bettered Euan Murray, you're lying throiugh your teeth.

I you're trying to suggest that Horan - who's not even remotely recovered form getting a royal buttfuck from Santiago Bonarino last October yet - bettered Euan Murray, you're lying throiugh your teeth.

He definatly got the better of him in Thomand.

Your scrum was pushed around all day and he got taken off.

A bad day at the office for him, a good day for Horan.

Try watching it again. Losing 2 against the head (yet reversing that with interest) all day and Owens being an expectedly and blatantly biased prick ignoring not binding on multiple occasions was the difference. Munsters scrum held their own that day, but they certainly didn't push anybody around all day.

The only difference was O'Choke had his radar working well and kept pushing Saints back into their own 22. The slightly better team won it on the day, but don't make things like that up.

There is no better back row in the world other than that of Scotland? I'd say South Africa's back row is better with Smith, Burger/Brussow and Spies. I'd also say New Zealand's and Australia's and maybe France's back row are more effective then Scotlands. I'm not saying their not good, I just think you may have exaggerated your point a little.

i think it's hard to say whos got the best back row right now. there are alot of good ones around right now. But top five would be SA AUS France Scotland Ireland.(this is not 1 to 5 or 5-1)

Latest posts