• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Protein shakes

here's a riddle (worth your time):

original_CW.jpg

cakenshake.jpg

boar-spear-95boask-full-1.jpg

= a username I so proudly would've worn but it's all too late now unfortunately for me, fortunately for everybody else.

I'm new to supplements. I found a company my friend recommended called LA Muscle and they are currently giving away free protein http://www.lamuscle.com/free-sample/

Any of you guys use shakes? What are your thoughts?

Whey protein is simply another source of protein. If you need more protein in your diet then consume whey one to three times a day. Think of it no differently than eating a chicken breast although in general you are better off eating real food i.e. Meat. Nothing magical about it. Most have loads of artificial sweeteners in them too. Personally I use only unflavoured whey. Usually 50 grams of protein from whey per day.

I work out in the morning and have a protein shake afterwards. I have one before bed. Other than that, I try to get my protein through food, which is the best way (as mentioned above).

Meat, meat and, er, more meat.

If you are trying to get big, there is no replacement for proper food. Lean meat, green veg, eggs, nuts, berries etc - eat as much as you can if you're lifting big. Balance out with some carbs on rest days (whole grain bread, rice, etc).
I tried whey protein, all forms and expenses for years, got some gains but really got big over last couple years eating correctly. You can still use supplements if you dont have time to cook meals or find meat and veg dear.
Join www.bodybuilding.com forums, they're great for recipes and advice

I got sucked into shakes a long time ago. tried bulk, lean, fat burner, wpc, wpi, blend, you name it. i got some gains using them but i felt that creatine worked better as a supplement than whey protein in conjunction with a healthy diet. I don't currently take any supplements at the moment but I worked out i'm better off spending my money on good whole food sources of protein like meat, eggs, milk, lentils etc. than mucking around with powdered crap. the mass gainer variety of shakes are simply loaded with carbs like maltodextrin.

Latest posts