• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 rugby tournaments.

K

K-Pac

Having a rugby 08 tournament soon with some mates.everyones arguying over the views, lineouts and offloads prob because theres a 20$ entry fee so they all want what they use. i think a modded end on view to make it similar to classic 06. advanced lineouts and simulation offloads. and maybe no international teams, not sure on that one yet. what do you guys use when having a tournament.

And half lengths. maybe 10 min halfs. or 5's with 10's for the semis and final.

I'm planning on having one soon as well - myself I'd just use the basic camera that you get when you first play the game (as in side view), and the classic line out (advanced line outs are hard when you start off - especially if you have someone who hasn't played Rugby 08 much before) Offloads, just use the normal setting. What kind of tournament are you playing? Just playing each other using 'Play Now' and recording the results, ort actually using the World Cup, GP, Super 14 on the actuall game?
I'm planning on doing one soon, no money involved - depending on how many people we have, if we have 8, we'll do a World Cup, with two in each group, something like that anyway.

Having a rugby 08 tournament soon with some mates.everyones arguying over the views, lineouts and offloads prob because theres a 20$ entry fee so they all want what they use. i think a modded end on view to make it similar to classic 06. advanced lineouts and simulation offloads. and maybe no international teams, not sure on that one yet. what do you guys use when having a tournament.

And half lengths. maybe 10 min halfs. or 5's with 10's for the semis and final. [/b]

You've gotta either be democratic and let them decide by vote, or tell them which set of rules you are going to use and it's then up to them if they still want to play.

My cousin and I have been playing for 10 years in varous rugby games we bought a huge gold cup bigger than the world cup and engrave the name of the winner of the particular year. Very serious business but a heap of fun. My name is yet to make it on the trophy

I'd love to play a mini-tournament with friends...

I've got the idea of maybe only using the special representative teams (Barbarians, Aust. A, JAB's etc.) has a base to select internationally mixed squads of whoever you like...

I've already got my BRUM-barians who I use to play against teams like England, NZ etc. when I'm bored.

I've still got to make some changes but here is the squad so far... it's actually got quite a few Argentinians -

1. Roncero (Arg)
2. Ledesma (Arg)
3. Castrogiovani (Ita)
4. Chisholm (Aus)
5. O'Connel (Ire)
6. White (Sco)
7. Smith (Aus)
8. Parisse (Ita)
9. Rauluni (Fij)
10. Larkham (Aus)
11. Tuilagi (Sam)
12. Contepomi (Arg)
13. Mortlock © (Aus)
14. Ashley-Cooper (Aus)
15. Corleto (Arg)

16. Paul (Aus)
17. Henderson (Aus)
18. James (Can)
19. Hoiles (Aus)
20. Williams (Can)
21. Rabeni (Fij)
22. Gerrard (Aus)

23. Ibanez (Fra)
24. Hayes (Ire)
25. Kimlin (Aus)
26. Chabal (Fra)
27. Giteau (Aus)
28. Hercus (USA)
29. Mateus (Por)
30. Playford (Aus)

I've got the idea of maybe only using the special representative teams (Barbarians, Aust. A, JAB's etc.) has a base to select internationally mixed squads of whoever you like...

[/b]

But the thing is about that is that your mates you're playing against might choose all the "star" players lol unless you have a rule like max 4 players from any of the top 10 nations, choose one player from minor team etc..

i'd hack my team with stars! :cheers: its how i do's it :bleh!:

Latest posts