• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ps3 Fifa 08 TRF Tornament

W

woosaah

Its going to be a Tri Series at the moment

craigiverson - southland

woosaah - wellington (though i want to be canterbury)

gay-guy - auckland

We will set up a custom tornament as soon as GG has actually made his account.

Anyone else with a PS3 is welcome to come in and join.

What teams are we allowd to have? 4-4.5 stars? what do you guys want?

Nah...i just need a 2.5 star team to beat you guys....

(hehe...so the trash talk begins hehehe)

That sure is trash all right.....you'd need about 3 stars! I think that any between 4 and 4.5 should be good. I like both Liverpool and Celtic and I'd really like to play as Liverpool in the Tournament.

I can see this being a first ever national ***le for Southland. Oh, the weight around my shoulders, lol!

if someone wants to teach me how to set up an account on fifa 08 let me know ill join in for a game or two this weekend.

of course it will be tough with the time change but i'd love to.

Ok so I played my first game of Fifa08 on PS3....and I sucked! Actually the game too feels sucky...gee I dunno...this feels different by so much compared to the Xbox version and if I can remember even the Xbox 360 version...its like it is a different game. Where is the broadcast view??????? The customisable cameras??????? The way we could turn our back take the ball and strafe in any direction and not just the facing forward one....why are there two buttons required in order to face forward????? The feel of the passes on manual mode don't seem to correspond close enough to what I want....or maybe I just suck. I dunno...maybe I will end up happier later....or maybe it is just the PS3 version? So can anyone tell me if these two versions are the same game or not because this doesn't even feel like Fifa anymore.

is it any better GG? figured it out yet?
i have just found my footing in the game and have been enjoying kicking the old football around. There are still alot of things i need to master before i even try all the tricks in the game. It feels alot different to all the other FIFA games i have played but I am enjoying putting the work in.

So shall we set up a practice torny?

ill be Blackburn Rovers as thats who I have been playing with alot ingame anyway and I am getting used to it. Plus I am only them because I have heard one of the players :D

woosaah is not a soccer fan lol

i had a few games against 5* opponents online and didnt go too bad. I dont mind if anyone goes to 5* personally :)

ok well I thught I would have a go playing online....and man did I suck haha! My defence is virtually non existent and I am so slow passing the ball around it is embaressing. Though I do remember Gun Guy saying that it is a game that closely resembles the real game of soccer.....with that I am trying to adapt accordingly. I have yet to score a goal online (actually I have only ever scored one goal against the computer) so my games are simply running around confused like I am looking for some rugby posts.

The people I played seemed to know all the little extras that you need to do in order to get an advantage but to be quite honest they weren't really of anything amazing to talk about. I think they were a bit confused about me as I often played with a splice of brilliance mixed in with a seemingly endless continuum of total cock-ups.

You are dead right about one thing woosaah. The game only gets easier when you put in the time as it seems like a very different game to previous Fifas and it is not really pick up and play like previous versions either.....in fact I have found I need to unlearn a lot from other versions if I am to get better at this one. It would probably be better if I hadn't play the other versions in the first place.

I've been working on getting back to my old form at this, it's starting to come back to me. I had a knee-trembler of a match against my old foe dobrien7 tonight. Lost 3-2 in an absolute stunner of a finish!

Tell me about it, up 2-0 with 10min to go (I was Valencia vs Craig's Celtic), then Craig whips in not one but 2 goals in the next few minutes to have us on the edge of our seats nearing the 90th minute (this was the final of a comp we were having). Craig goes extremely close hitting the bar, then on counter attack I manage to sneak into his box and slide one past the old goalie. Great game that could easily have gone either way.

So to get back to this topic lol, looking forward to us all getting some games in online, be a good tester for how rugby might go online yes?

Yes it would be a good tester for how rugby goes online or any game for that matter once more of us are on the network.

However it is all subject to what we like to play online.

So, any of you two (woosaah or Gay-Guy) keen for a game of Fifa tonight after Shortland Street?

Wow I got my first goal today against a human opponent!

Ok...so it was a penalty goal...but still I actually got into the box....so I deserved to get it.

Actually it was such a weak penalty attempt I am just glad I got it.

Ok...so how on earth do I find anyone of you guys online and hook a game up together??????

sorry i was sick last night was crazy.

we really need to sort out times and stuff. I am normally free to play after shortland street (but depends on flatmates) 830pm later normally I am on. The only stupid thing is you cant message people while you are in the game, makes it hard, when you get a message you have to quit out of the game etc

ill PM you my cell if you like GG

Yeah cool...but it still does not answer my question.....how do we find each other online to play?

We go to "Online lobbies" and choose either "My country" or "My skill level". If any of us are playing Fifa and are playing online, that's where we'll be.

Latest posts