• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS3 HANDS ON PREVIEW

Ok i got bored reading this, got to about the 3rd page they still arn't sure about it.

i am still not sure about it. by the time it comes out xbox will have heaps of games out. people arn't going to buy it, only hard core gamers really, partents and such looking at buying a system for their kids will buy the cheaper 360 option (by then it will have come down in price) and see shelves full of games, where the ps3 wont have many games out at the time.

thats just how i c it.

still i might by a 360, not yet its way to expensive :)

I dread to think when we will see it in australasia. I hope sony hav some secret strategy coz at the mo it seems like they are just throwing money and customers away.

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 17 2006, 03:28 PM
Ok i got bored reading this, got to about the 3rd page they still arn't sure about it.

I commend you for getting to the third page. With out being able to name the sources and anything about the supposed games they played makes there little reason to read the article.

Must say time is running out for PS3 it needs to be out in Japan and USA in 6 months time. And it still does look a long way away.

That article does a very good job at using a lot of words to say nothing. Im still not convinced by ps3, and certainly dont buy into the buzzwords that Sony like to throw around. The ps2 was a decent enough machine that was lucky enough to have some great games, despite having the weakest hardware. I've got a ****ling feeling that Sony may drop the ball with this next generation.
Should be interesting though, at the end of the day its about the games and not the specs...

I'm unwavering in my support for the Revolution. Developers are flocking to it at the moment, and the general buzz is very positive. I believe the PS3 will come up a cropper...it's not looking great so far as it's can't do anything significantly better than the 360 and can't match the innovation of Nintendo.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Feb 19 2006, 08:19 AM
I'm unwavering in my support for the Revolution. Developers are flocking to it at the moment, and the general buzz is very positive. I believe the PS3 will come up a cropper...it's not looking great so far as it's can't do anything significantly better than the 360 and can't match the innovation of Nintendo.
Yes... what an innovation, a controller making it near impossible to play Sports Games.

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 18 2006, 07:31 PM
Yes... what an innovation, a controller making it near impossible to play Sports Games.
If you hadn't noticed there are plenty of other genres which will benefit from it. Besides, I use the PC for sports games. So much easier for editing etc. Nintendo have never really done well on the sport front so they're willing to sacrifice it for better genres. But at the same time those sporting gems such as Mario Tennis (which btw is one of the most fun multiplayer sports games around) will be able to function pretty damn well with it.

I think the PS3 looks awesome, but I don't think i will have enough money for it for a few years yet. I hope you can easily play sport and driving games on it, because those are my two favourite genres.

Coco

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Feb 19 2006, 09:07 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Feb 18 2006, 07:31 PM
If you hadn't noticed there are plenty of other genres which will benefit from it. Besides, I use the PC for sports games. So much easier for editing etc. Nintendo have never really done well on the sport front so they're willing to sacrifice it for better genres. But at the same time those sporting gems such as Mario Tennis (which btw is one of the most fun multiplayer sports games around) will be able to function pretty damn well with it. [/b]
Mario Tennis is only good for Gameboy.

Mario Kart > Mario Tennis... But Mario Party pwn'd them both.

Nah, Mario Tennis on N64 and - to a lesser extent GC - was endless fun. Mario kart is 4 teh w1n though. Never a real Mazza Party fan tbh. It always lacked a certain something. Originality.

Yes... what an innovation, a controller making it near impossible to play Sports Games.[/b]

At the 33rd Annual USB Global Media Conference in New York recently, Reggie Fils-Aime mentioned in a speech that many third party companies were very excited with the possibilities offered by the Revolution controller. Specifically, Reggie mentioned a quote from the makers of Madden over at EA.

"It's a brilliant controller, and as usual we can credit Nintendo with being innovative and neat and fresh and fun. They continue to pioneer in our industry…they make some of the best games in the industry…and we look forward to partnering with them."

It is good to see that third party support for Revolution is coming along and going strong. And with EA being the biggest of the lot fully backing Revolution, it seems one of Gamecube's weakest areas may be fixed this time around.[/b]

The Revolution controller is more than just a point and click device, you need to "think outside the box" a bit more :p

There is so much potential in the control setup, that I can't think of any sports game it couldn't handle. Just as an example, Video Polo. The left hand controlling the horse/rider with the Nunchuck/joystick device while the right hand took care of the mallet with the pointer.

Tiger Woods on Revolution has got to happen unless EA have been doing the stupid pills.

And also, if the super-happy-swingy-active controller doesn't suit a game too well, you can just use it as a normal controller anyway...

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Feb 19 2006, 01:14 AM
The Revolution controller is more than just a point and click device, you need to "think outside the box" a bit more :p

There is so much potential in the control setup, that I can't think of any sports game it couldn't handle. Just as an example, Video Polo. The left hand controlling the horse/rider with the Nunchuck/joystick device while the right hand took care of the mallet with the pointer.

Tiger Woods on Revolution has got to happen unless EA have been doing the stupid pills.
It could work pretty well for the Madden passing game, controlling the passer cone with the nunchuck...

Latest posts