• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pubs in Paris

andysimcoe

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
Did a search and found this - https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/watching-the-game-in-paris.37390/ , however not many responses so I thought I'd create a new thread with a more to-the-point ***le.

Anyone been in recent years and tips of any must go places (bars)? The city seems to have quite a bad reputation for rugby with many saying something along the lines of "due to its size, and many of the larger clubs based in the south, fans spread themselves out before and after the games...".

There's the Eden Park bar set up by ex Racing players, so we figure this might be a shout on the Friday (game on the Saturday) along with some local home nation ex-pat bars. Obviously we don't want to travel to Paris and only drink Guinness and Tennent's but at least before / after the game it seems fitting to cram ourselves in with other fans.

Also I'm aware the beer is 0%ABV in the stadium due to French law but is there anywhere close by to the stadium to have a real beer? We're staying in a dodgy **** hole area 10 minutes from the stadium so don't want to have to travel into the centre before the game, if we can avoid it.

I've done Google searches and found the likes of https://theculturetrip.com/europe/f...t-places-to-watch-six-nations-rugby-in-paris/ but curious if anyone here has first hand experience.

Went to Paris last year for the 6N.

It was a difficult one, and really never found anywhere to drink with other fans. As the ones we found were busy.

A few Irish bars in Pigalle which advertise the fact they are rugby bars. Expensive though.

If go into town to eat, I recommend a pizzeria near the Sacre Ceur (sp?). Reasonably priced and very friendly called Babalou.

We were out there for the Euros a couple of years back and found some reasonable prices bars (British and Irish bars) around Rue Saint-Denis, 75001.

Cheers, the Highlander is just south of the bottom of Rue Saint-Denis and Eden Park off their so will no doubt be wandering around that area.

I'm interested in finding pubs and grub in Paris for the match too. We are staying about 10mins drive from Gare du Nord. Oh I have 2 spare tickets for it at the moment too if anyone is interested..

Latest posts