• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pumas new home kit!

waqaseduadua

Academy Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
In Argentina fans think that the tradition has been rapped, we really don't like these diagonal stripes. Besides that, the back has a sun in it, like the national flag.
Any comment?
Pumas-con-Nike.jpgCamiseta-adelante.jpgcamiseta-atrás.jpg

Attachments

• Camiseta-adelante.jpg
    Camiseta-adelante.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
It looks like the pattern wasn't aligned properly when it was ironed on... :p

i dont have as much of a problem with the diagonal striped as the white panel on the side, think it would look much better if the stripes were continous

You are right Jabby.. the stripes made it a bit odd to look and the diagonal stroke made it interesting because its not common.

At least it isn't pink. ;)
j/k...I actually like it. It's slenderizing. :D

das

I agree with the idea of stripes countinuity, but still not being something I can totally accept. I think Nike kind of ruin it, they should make an effort and design a new kit, this particular with diagonal stripes is not a new thing, Toulouse have the same concept in their home jersey, at least last season they do.
Rugby Champioship is a very important chapter in argentinian rugby history, and I think the hole situation got to be perfect, even our armor. I mean, people down here are climbing up the walls because of this! They want ADIDAS back!

Liked the old design (full horizontal stripes) a lot better. Do like the sun on the back though.

It is different from what I was expecting, but I think I'm the only one who likes the new kit :).

Argentina should stick to Adidas. It's just a better fit for them in all senses of the term.

What the hell is with the picture with Table mountain in the background. The editing is just plain amateurish.

I don't mind it. Keeping with tradition is important though, especially with international shirts. Let's be honest it could have been worse... they could have signed with Canterbury!

Nike did Racing Metro's kit a few season ago and it was basically an Argentinian shirt! What are they thinking.

IMG_9218.JPG

Edit: Why can't i insert big pictures? This is supposed to be 1600 × 1371.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to get that Racing kit! Know anywhere selling it WG?!

I don't like it. -_-

Besides the ugly diagonal design and the incomplete hoops, I wonder why the blue got darker. The same thing happened in the last Adidas design, which was pretty bad too with those thin stripes.

My favourite design of the last few years was the 2009 Adidas shirt. It had a very simple design, with broad stripes and a lighter shade of blue.
camiseta_pumas2009_2.jpg

I've always wanted to get that Racing kit! Know anywhere selling it WG?!

They had some in larger sizes at Rugby Heaven in Ebbw last year, but far too big for me. :(
I would imagine they are all gone now. You could try contacting Lovell, they might get them in this season.

Hmmm... I didn't know that they were changing their jersey. The Pumas Jersey has been one of my favourites for a long time! But i don't like the new one, Its looks like Nike just wanted to be different - Honestly i've never really like any of Nike's Rugby Jerseys Adidas, Kooga and Canterbury do far nicer ones.

Oh well, as long as they win a game in the Rugby Championship thats all that really matters

Nike did Racing Metro's kit a few season ago and it was basically an Argentinian shirt! What are they thinking.
Hahaha, I remember finding some photos of Frans Steyn in that jersey and getting very confused.

I actually like this design, but I agree that a lighter shade of blue looks nicer.

If the stripes went all the way around, it wouldn't be that bad of a shirt. Though if the sun was on the back of the collar instead of, you know, just on the back, it'd be even better. Also looking at possibly buying a Pumas shirt from the past three years, but can't seem to find any in my size (xl/xxl)

Latest posts