• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Putting On Weight?

Ozzay

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Saracens
Basically i'm 21, 6 ft, maybe 6ft 1, skinny as ****. 10 stone 8.

Now i've decided i want to get bigger and play rugby.

But i eat like hell and don't put anything on.. i've got protein now and started in the gym but only been going 2 weeks so can't expect instant results obviously.

Anyone had similar problems or got ideas?

Make sure you're eating clean foods, and a ton of protein. You should aim to be eating every couple of hours as well
Like you said, you won't see instant results but you'll gradualls be getting bigger, make sure you have a decent routine as well, rep-range of 5-10 is best for hypertrophy if i remember correctly, and cut cardio down to a minimum.
I used to be the same, when i started uni about 18months ago i was 12ish stone, and 6ft2, now i'm 13st6

I was the same way, 6 ft 2, 11 stone and no matter how much I ate or trained I never really saw any decent results, I got a little bigger and a lot stronger but wasn't putting any mass on, so I went online and found Vince Delmonte's no nonsense guide for "hardgainers", It costs a bit of money but It's well worth it if you actually stick to the programme. It's hard work though, you have to eat every 3 hours and only clean foods, you only have to go to the gym 3 times a week but you have to kill yourself while your there and lift very heavy weights. It tells you exactly what you have to eat and and you change up you reps and sets every 3 weeks. Anyway I gained 2 stone in 3 months, I'm currently 14 stone and keeping my weight there. You have to keep at it though, I fell off the wagon for 2 months and lost everything again. Here's the link www.vincedelmontefitness.com, the site is cringeworthy but the guy knows what he's talking about. Again while this will work for anybody it's aimed at skinny dudes that find it difficult getting any results by training like everybody else, hope that helps.

It'll get you to retain waterweight but not massive ammounts, certainly not more than a pound our two

People think Creatine is like steroids or something, it just stores more ATP in your cells, meaning you have a bit more energy, allowing you to go a little harder in the gym. Monohydrate also causes your body to retain a bit of water as well

I here this a lot and it's pretty simple: if you're not putting on weight you are not eating like hell. If your bulking you want to eat around 4000cal per day, 1.5g of protein per lb of lean body mass, lots of carbs etc etc etc. You also need to follow a solid program, e.g. WS4SB3.

Go to a bodybuilding website and look up diets for bulking and follow it strictly. You will also need a quality routine. I recommend going to a website strictly for this type of thing. Though some people on here have good advice, there's so much more information readily available at a dedicated site.

Latest posts