• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Putting the weight back on...

H

Home_Star

Hi all, new to the forum so bare with me if I **** up!

I was in a car crash around 18 months ago and was in a pretty bad way for a while. However I've had all my surgery and stuff and I'm gtting back into the game again. My problem is this though- having been fit for about 6 months now I can't seem to get my 'build' back.

This might sound a bit silly but I'm stuck back down at 10 Stone now. I'm only a short arse any way but I was 13 before the accident! I've tried some supliments but they all taste a bit weird and I never had to use them before.

Any tips for me?

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing you're 14 - 15, so I wouldn't suggest using any supplements like Mass Gain, or Protein Powder, easiest way for you to do it is to eat lots of egg, fish and (corny I know) vegetables, then you will be as heavy as you used to be, or just go to McDonalds for every meal :p

Do not use any weight gain suppliements, I got roped in with that crowd when I was about your age...it turned the whites of my eyes yellow and I started to get pretty ill.

Also, don't start totally powering the weights (ie; doing a whole body session every day), try a light weight session every second day, lift about 75% of the heaviest you think you can lift and do short sets (8 reps, 3 sets) on each muscle. Don't forget your legs, sure, having your shirt bursting at the arms is one thing, but you need strong legs too, so make sure you cover them.

The important thing is, at your age, you shouldn't be trying to push your body into a shape its not ready for. I'm riddled with ailments and injuries as a result of going too far with weights (granted I haven't grown since I was 14 and I'm 6'1 and was always more mature than my peers). I can't extend my arms all the way out or my legs (though that's in part to having short hamstrings anyway) and it was a massive factor in the injury that's kept me playing for 3 years.

To sum up therefor, be responsible...and ask someone who job it is to know stuff like this.

how old are you?? this depends on the advice, although off the bat i dont see anything wrong with protien powders/weight gainers. all they are are huge sources for calories, proteins and carbs.. other supplements are debatable. but again, how old are you?? eat: huge amounts. you want a ton of protein, carbs and calories. i dont mean like snack around all day, if you are ever hungry, you are not eating enough. when i bulked i ate a meal before my previous one was gone from my stomach all day every day. if you're not full, you should eat something.

Latest posts