QBE Super Computer Predicts RWC QF’s

bushytop

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
So, as I trawl the web to kill the time until this weekend I stumbled on this. In fairness, it looks like it's percentage of correct predictions is pretty good but these really mean nothing more than to kill five minutes. Still some interesting reading nonetheless.

The predicted scores are as follows but if you hit the link it fills in the blanks with a little additional information:

Predicted Quarter Finals Results

Match Result

England vs Australia
22-22

New Zealand vs Ireland
29-17

Wales vs France
24-13

Japan vs South Africa
25-31

https://qbeeurope.com/news-and-even...pushes-england-and-australia-into-extra-time/

Well the proof is in the pudding as they say. At least they seem to have improved the technology since the Wonka bar computer.

surprised but the England Aussie game
Same,
I'd be interested to see how it works these out - you'd imagine a computer would look at the raw data and not the mental/pressure side of things, in which case he are higher ranked and have a 6 game winning streak so you'd have thought we'd be predicted as winners.

Does it predict an extra time win in QF1? Or a shootout?
England win in extra time.
Same,
I'd be interested to see how it works these out - you'd imagine a computer would look at the raw data and not the mental/pressure side of things, in which case he are higher ranked and have a 6 game winning streak so you'd have thought we'd be predicted as winners.
Apparently it looks at 10 years of data but still quite how it comes to the full time draw with England and Oz is strange. The only thing I can think is that is 'weights' World Cup games... as Oz have had more success there than England in 2011 and 2015.

Latest posts