Quade to re-sign with ARU

nickdnz

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Quade Cooper and the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) have finally resolved their differences and the maverick playmaker is set to sign a new multi-year deal.

The sidelined Wallabies five-eighth is expected to front a media conference in Brisbane on Friday morning to announce an end to the re-signing saga which has been simmering for six months.
Waikato-born Cooper struck a new three-year deal with the Queensland Reds way back in June but only now is it set to be ratified, although the length of the contract remains clouded.
The Reds have played peacemaker in the rocky negotiation process that was on the brink of collapse late last month after the ARU offered a new incentive-based deal.
At the time, Cooper said he would not accept such a deal while his manager, Khoder Nasser, blamed the ARU for a "total communication breakdown".
It was the 38-Test back's own criticism of the Wallabies' "toxic" culture and the state of the code which resulted in the downgraded offer after he failed to sign a more significant deal tabled mid-year.
Cooper's new deal - believed to be for two or three years - isn't expected to prevent him taking part in a charity boxing bout on February 8 - eight days before Queensland kick off their Super Rugby campaign against the Brumbies in Canberra.
The 24-year-old will still be allowed to fight a yet-to-be-named opponent over three three-minute rounds on the undercard of Sonny Bill Williams' heavyweight clash with South African Francois Botha.
Recovering from knee surgery, Cooper was fined $40,000 for his comments at an ARU code-of-conduct hearing at the time, with $20,000 suspended.
Cooper faces a stiff challenge to win back the faith of coach Robbie Deans and regain the Wallabies No.10 jersey in time for June's three-Test series against the British and Irish Lions.

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/article/-/15572907/quade-to-re-sign-with-aru/

Interesting - at least they've got him on a 2 or 3 year deal. Can obviously be a total tool - but it's certianly good for the Reds and I still rate him as Australia's best 10 when on form (Beale is certainly not far away).

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/article/-/15572907/quade-to-re-sign-with-aru/

Interesting - at least they've got him on a 2 or 3 year deal. Can obviously be a total tool - but it's certianly good for the Reds and I still rate him as Australia's best 10 when on form (Beale is certainly not far away).

Agreed. I was hoping for him to try his hand at league and fail spectacularly but he & the ARU have come to their senses. He's their best and even if he's not in Deans good books, they at least need other options for 10. Because that cupboard is looking pretty bare.

Beale is a better 15 than 10. Great news for Australian rugby and the Reds. Whatever you think about his personality (I don't particularly like him or Beale as they seemingly keep getting into brawls and hauled up for assault charges) he is definitely a key player for Australia and his partnership with Genia can't be underestimated. Hopefully he reclaims the form of 2011 and guides the Wallabies back to 2nd in the world.

it so sucks what happened with him and the Wallabies...like I'm not even sure actually, I hate sports gossip and all that useless bullshyt, but obviously he naturally should have been a Wallaby all this time.

Isn't it funny though that Khader Nasser is involved with two controversial contracts? It seems like this guy just loves drama. I'm wondering if it's Quade Cooper/SBW or it's him and I suspect others are questioning it as well.

Isn't it funny though that Khader Nasser is involved with two controversial contracts? It seems like this guy just loves drama. I'm wondering if it's Quade Cooper/SBW or it's him and I suspect others are questioning it as well.

Yeah - he also manages Anthony Mundine. Nassar's contribution to any sport is detrimental. Constant one year contracts, code hopping and everyone seems to want to become a boxer...

Well he sure knows how to get his clients publicity.

As for Quade, his comments about Rugby Union and the ARU was a bit disrespectful, and I'm sure his opponents in the Super Rugby tournament will make him aware of that...

Seems to me nobody was interested in him as a boxer or a league player forcing him to slink back with his tail between his legs

Seems to me nobody was interested in him as a boxer or a league player forcing him to slink back with his tail between his legs
I was...

anything to get him away from union. <_<

I'm hopping to get tickets to his fight to see someone remind him he is a rugby player but if he is anything like sonny they will probably make him fight a 12 year old or something so he can't get hurt for the reds :D but seriously I'm a quade fan and any one who is a fan of tries being scored should too (that's for his efforts in attack and defence :D )

Yeah - he also manages Anthony Mundine. Nassar's contribution to any sport is detrimental. Constant one year contracts, code hopping and everyone seems to want to become a boxer...

Of course boxing. They're professional athletes so are extremely fit with high muscle / low body fat so it's easy for them to fight 40 year old bums for $100,000 a fight.

Latest posts