• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Queensland Reds vs Crusaders

W

woosaah

Crusaders: Leon MacDonald, Kade Poki, Casey Laulala, Tim Bateman, Sean Maitland, Stephen Brett, Kahn Fotuali'i, Mose Tuiali'i, Richard McCaw (captain), Kieran Read, Ross Filipo, Brad Thorn, Greg Somerville, Ti'i Paulo, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, George Whitelock, Andrew Ellis, Daniel Carter, Caleb Ralph.

Carter is back coming off the bench so thats cool. otherwise it still looks like a pretty strong line up with a few newbies getting a run against the strugling reds.

Crusaders backline age:

Fotuali'i 24
Brett 22
Maitland 19
Bateman 20
Laulala 25
Poki 19
MacDonald 30

average age = 22-23 years old. Pretty young, I'm sure the Force would be very similar. Definitely has to be the two youngest backlines in the comp.

Although the Sharks aren't using this line up for the next game they've had:
15. Steyn - 20
14. Ndungane - 27
13. Murray - 22
12. Barritt - 21
11. Pietersen - 21
10. Pienaar - 24

Average age: 22.5

The Reds will run over the top of the Crusaders on Saturday night, I predict the Reds +2.

9. James Stannard =25
10. Matt Giteau =25
11. Drew Mitchell =24
12. James O’Connor=17
13. Josh Tatupu =22
14. Dane Haylett-Petty =18
15.Cameron Shepherd =24

Avg Age: 22.14

Boo ya!

The Reds will run over the top of the Crusaders on Saturday night, I predict the Reds +2. [/b]

We need more of you around here.

I believe the Reds have the youngest players in the key positions.

9. Ben Lucas - 20
10. Quade Cooper - 19
12. Berrick Barnes - 21

What a great game :bravo:
The Reds didn't help their cause with the two sin binnings but they all put their body on the line in defence.

Congrats to the Crusaders though who won that game through determination and kept going right to the end... helps that you can bring a player of the quality of Carter off the bench.

I am absolutely filthy. I am not one to blame referees but I don't reckon that the Crusaders could have fared any better from that point of view. That stray arm that wrenched the ball from Quade Cooper's grip was ridiculous... (I bet it was McCaw, too :p ). All power to the REDS, and that was absolutely outstanding.
I have never seen Chris Latham make that many mistakes in one game, let alone twenty minutes, but I hope he gets right for next week against the Waratahs. Let's play like we did tonight boys, and dominate them!!!!!

Got up to watch this match and I'm glad I did. The turning point of the game were the two yellow cards for the Reds, along with the big-guns coming on for the Crusaders. When the clocked turned 60 minutes I still thought that the Reds would win the match, how wrong was I? Just shows that the Crusaders are true champions by coming back from 21 - 8 down to win the match. But it also shows that if some key players are not playing for the Crusaders - eg. Ali Williams, Corey Flynn, Daniel Carter - they are beatable.

How good is Carter? lol talk about pressure from the Crusaders aye, they know exactly what to do was able to implement it very well!

Reds played well in the 1st half to be fair but dang, Crusaders played like champions, (well for the way they caught up and won anyways lol)

Was that match the least-experienced (in regards to international experience) team versus one of the most experienced? I'd love to see some stats.

The Reds have something going. We could be on the verge of a new era in Australian rugby not unlike the Brumbies dominance in recent years. I don't know why Moore chose to move to ACT, not only is it a crap place but the Reds look more promising at the moment. He's a good player though and will be missed.

The Reds have something going. We could be on the verge of a new era in Australian rugby not unlike the Brumbies dominance in recent years. I don't know why Moore chose to move to ACT, not only is it a crap place but the Reds look more promising at the moment. He's a good player though and will be missed.
[/b]

I've travelled through Queensland.

I'd much rather be living in Canberra.

Stephen Moore didn't have much of a choice with Saiaa Faingaa coming up.

Plus, like all of the Queenslanders before him, the Brumbies will bring the best out of him.

The Reds are going pretty well at the moment, but I doubt they're more promising than the Brumbies - as the results show.

Latest posts