Question

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by alexrugby, Jan 17, 2009.

1. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

Well Well Well hello guys

I don't know whether this topic had already been started by someone or I am a first? but I really want to underline one thing

As I see here on TRF ever since the first day of my joining, all of you mates are fond of this amazing game

And I am really interested what is the reason for that love of ours towards RUGBY

Why? guys do you love this amazing game called RUGBY??????????

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Hall

Hall Guest

I've always been into all sports, including Rugby.

I still like all the others as well but I've became dissillusioned with some other sports, namely association football.

Also I just enjoy playing Rugby more than other sports.

4. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

I'm gonna be honest and say I only like Rugby at the moment because we're good at if but if we sucked I probably wouldn't be into it. I use to like Basketball better than Rugby when I was back at school because I was small and not hard enough to play Rugby.

5. Flux

Flux Guest

Because of my dad. It's like a bonding thing. I used to go down to the gentleman's club and watch it with him and whoever else was there (it was a nice atmosphere because not many people went so you got to know everyone).

6. QLD

QLD Guest

its the greatest game on Earth. simple as that.

7. shtove

shtove Guest

First day at rugby training - vomit. Everyone vomits. I vomit, you vomit, we all vomit.

Second day at rugby training - injury. No biggie, you'll get over it (until your wife starts whinging about the effects 20 years later).

Third day at rugby training - you're injured and standing on the sideline, cheering for your fellow fcukers. You want to be out there doing what they're doing. One of them vomits and gets injured. You shout: Get off your pussy fcukin arse! He comes over and tries to punch you in the face. You scream, Get lost mudderfcuker! The linesman breaks it up with his little flag - "Handbags! Handbags!" - because he's a sad tosser with no life. Then it's game over - we shake hands and get ******.

Repeat as much as you like.

8. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Jan 18 2009, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    - The meaning of life as taught by shtove.

9. Bellew

Bellew Guest

What made me love rugby is we do not pussy foot around in NFL carp Pad's and all.
    The Second reason is because it the most European sport in America. Plus when I try out
    I have this Image of me Failing real bad like other sport's but I did not. and Plus it give me the Natural way of life
    The Instinct to hunt run and survive.

That Is way I love Rugby.

10. dullonien

dullonien Guest

Being born Welsh :)

11. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

its something to do when the gaa season is over tbh

12. JohnBE

JohnBE Guest

for me in ireland it's the passion in the pub when ireland are playing.. more then soccer and dare I say more than gaa..also Rugby is the mostly manly man man game there is.. it's a battle out there

13. Hall

Hall Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jan 18 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    True dat.

14. stumpy17

stumpy17 Guest

I was 10 and the school arranged a trip to Scotland football game in Glasgow, we were penned in surrounded by police all the jeering and agro, i hated it.

then several weeks later we went to a Scotland V France game at Murrayfield, a freind a I were seated by ourseleves surrounded by these massive French men. They didn't speak any english but they were giving us drinks and sweets and everytime there was any action on the pitch they lifted us up to see the game, fantastic sportsmanship, no agro or bother. feel in love with rugby there and then.

15. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Played it at school, then before i knew it, our national team won the World Cup. Then, i just started watching more and more. There is no other game on earth that has that kind of passion from the players participating in it. Soccer is all about money. The olympics, are just individuals that are a little better than others. Rugby is a game about guts, determination, pride, and passion. But above all, it's the one sport where representing your country actually means more than the paycheck that comes with it.

16. I originally started playing rugby as a way to keep in shape and stay sharp for the ice hockey season...

I quickly fell in love with the sport though and started getting into it more and more... I found the respect level in rugby is much higher then ice hockey.... you go out and beat the **** out of each other but in a clean fashion and at the end of the game your all friends again.

I love rugby because it is a great mental game and good for team building which is why us army folks love it so much... I also like nothing more then running down the wing and scoring tries or occasionally absolutely crushing someone.

17. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Jan 18 2009, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thanks for being straight it really appreciate it, actually everybody does stick the sports they play well to some extent

But I think All Blacks are NOT good players, Instead they are AMAZING

I do love this amazing play despite my team's play, if Georgia fails other teams will succeed

So I adore this game despite neither father nor other close (even friends) played professional rugby

Cheers

18. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 18 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

19. veniqe

veniqe Guest

Of course we love it, that's why we are here

20. Hall

Hall Guest

The sportsmanship is definately a big element.

Case in point; yesterday I was playing for college. During one of our early attacks I dropped my shoulder into their inside centres chest with nothing but utter contempt. I wanted to make sure he knew he was in for a bloody tough game and that just because he was a big ******* (about 6'4 and with the bulk to match) he wasn't going to have me running scared.
    We were essentially tearing chunks out of each other all match. I'm in agony this morning, thats how bad it was. We had a fantastic game with great competition and a lot of aggression. But as we left the field there was no animosity between us. That doesn't happen in many other sports.
    We won narrowly but we weren't parading around the field gloating and they weren't sulking in the changing rooms. Which is what happens in football.

21. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

Well for me rugby has always been part of my life. I don't ever remember not having a rugby ball. Just about every day after school when I was around 6 all the way to 11 years old, me and my older brother would play a rugby league styled game (3 tackles and then turned over) in our backyard. 9 out of the 10 I lost, and 9 out of the 10 times the game ended in a fight :lol: . We'd be super ****** off after a few punches but by the next day all was forgotten and we'd play again. My poor mother lol.

Anyway rugby is my favourite sport because it is just so intensely fun. Your always doing something fun. I mean, rucking, what a blast! Tackling, the best! Running with the ball, what a joy! Scrums, each one is different! Lineouts (I was a lineout jumper), such a fine art and skill! And you're putting your body on the line for the full 80 mins during all that.

You get my drift, it's just so damn awesome!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!