Not open for further replies.

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Any questions our members would like to put to HB Studios for our next update here please.

Please remember not all can be answered, but the best questions will be put to the team.

Please limit yourself to a maximum of 2 questions each and check nobody has asked already.

Mods to update post with popular questions.

As a disabled gamer my primary concern are the controls. Are you in a position to share anything about what kind of scheme you're planning to use?

Is Ruby 2012 more of a world cup game, or a normal ***le that's just being released in a world cup year?

Are you planning on having a ranking system in the online (presuming there is online play) like they have in Fifa, with points gained/lost for winning/losing games?

Are you aiming to make Rugby 2012 a realistic simulation of Rugby, or a more easily accessibly arcade style ***le?

Is this community genuinely being helpful? Or is it just a wall of white noise?

Are many peoples expectations of what this game will be highly unrealistic?

Will we see a completely new engine from 08 or will it just be tweaked and improved?

What is the main aim for this game? to set up the series for future production, or just simply a world cup 2012 game?

Have you been in contact with the IRB at all? I would assume as much exposure for the game the better.

And lastly Do you have any questions for us to answer for you?

I have quoted this post to show the rest of you what not to do and then deleted it. Bullitt clearly stated two questions maximum and to check that something similar had not been asked.

At what stage are you currently into for production? Obviously it is at the early stages, but what jobs are being done? - Reason being is that more current input from TRF posters for your help...

How customisable is this game going to be? Assuming it is going to go off a world league carrer style concept, is it going to be, taking over a team, or start from scratch? (with uniforms, team names etc)? Create your own competitons, players, possibly a statium and set plays?

I have quoted this post to show the rest of you what not to do and then deleted it. Bullitt clearly stated two questions maximum and to check that something similar had not been asked.

Good to see the rules are held up. lol

Well second try.

In the previous EA rugby games, the teams that arent the Top Nations, don't stand a chance, they are complete rubbish. But It is highly unrealistic and ends up just plain boring to be honest. What will you do to address this? if anything?

In previous Rugby ***les, we have seen a lack of knowledge on the laws of the game. Can we expect to see the full laws in force and implemented correctly (ie lineout not thrown in straight being a penalty?)? Will we actually beable to make a choice of what we would like to do like in real rugby? ie if the ball is kicked off out on the full to have a scrum, a lineout or a rekick?

Q1: Are there plans to develop an Online Gameplay aspect to Rugby 2012?

Q2: How much will the fact that EA are not funding the project impact on the amount of changes you can make to the game and overall quality of Rugby 2012?

Last edited:
Q1: What do you plan on placing more emphasis on, Countries or Clubs?

Q2: Do you plan on keeping the star player system, or implementing something closer to Fifa, where certain players can do certain things, but there is no visual clue. I.E: Gareth Barry can do passes along the ground that curve, but it is not shown by a star, or anything.

Q1: What areas were you least satisfied with in previous games, and are you confident of addressing them?

Q2: Can you tell us the one feature (or several!) you are most excited about in the new game?

Thanks again for the transparency in production!

I have two questions which I hope is all right to ask.

Q1. In terms of player licences, can we expect a similar number of created faces for Rugby 2012 as there were in Rugby 08?<ST1:p</ST1:p<O:p</O:p
Q2. Is there any possibility of having retired players to be in the game as a sort of classic/legend team? (Would licensing them bee too costly?)

Thanks for taking the time to address questions of the community!<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Release for Northern Hemisphere summer or Southern Hemisphere summer 2011?

Hope it is Southern because then we get it sooner :)

1) Although i know you haven't nailed down exactly what new or improved features you are going after in this game, could you tell us what ideas you are entertaining at this point? I mean you mentioned in the last update that we would be pleased with how similar your lists of features is to ours, could you let us know what that is at this point? even if all of those ideas dont make the final cut.

2) How are the ratings and attributes of the players going to be decided for this game? can we get a say?

1) Will the gameplay and menu look anything similar to Rugby 08? (It was quite a nice system?)

2) To what extent would domestic competitions be taken- Will we see many domestic competitions, or mainly the 'big' ones like Currie Cup and NPC? Will we see domestic competitions at all?

Good luck with the rest of production

1.) Will there be some sort of a demo version released so that the rugby community can "test" it and provide you with feedback before the full game is released?

Are you thinking of using the EVL law interpretations for the super 15 and tri nations thus creating a more attack
orientated game just as in real life?

Which is of more importance to HB the gameplay/playing options or having as many teams/competitions as possible? if you had to choose one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts