• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Quins 26 - 26 Leicester

S

Sir Speedy

Harlequins seem to be letting their defeats of Paris go to their head.
That said, coming back to draw from 9 - 23 down is a very good comeback. Also, it's always good to see the Tigers lose in the last minute, they were gutted in the end. Speaking of which, Nick Evans has nerves of steel; how many fly-halves would kick the two most difficult conversion kicks in a row to win a match? What a legend!
Also, Monye is crap.

Moved. This was a Premiership game! ;)

Also, another awesome finish to a Quin's game. Who says the Premiership doesn't produce exciting rugby?

And finally... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ Leicester.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 29 2008, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who says the Premiership doesn't produce exciting rugby?[/b]
Does anybody say that? Very exciting games. But the quality - at least today - not so high.

What in the name of god was Monye doing when he went down to gather that ball?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 29 2008, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And finally... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha @ Leicester.[/b]
... hahahahahahahahahaha [too tired to type any more]

Pfft. That's yet another club game I've gone to live where the majority of people spend most of their time getting up and going for a ****/ to buy beer & burgers. What happened to spending so much on a ticket because you want to watch rugby??

If it wasn't for all the idiots making me stand up every 5 mins to let them through I would have fallen asleep during the 1st half. Utterly boring, watching the referree blow his whistle all the time.

2nd half was incredible. Very much a fair result; Quins look like a team with very few stars but all 15 playing well; Leicester look like a good team playing badly. Another big game I've seen Turner-Hall play well in; if England want a big, fast 12 who straightens the line and makes his tackles; here you go. And considering we can't find anyone decent to play 10 it might be an idea not to try to play an extra 10 at inside centre (cough cough Flood is ****)...

Care impressed me for the first time since before the AIs. Nick Evans looks classy still. England have 3 or 4 wings better than Monye; even if he did take his try well. And Mike Brown remains an excellent club level fullback. Very impressed with him, but I think he's at the pinnacle.

I was at the game with the 3 of the family (half of them are East Midlands so demanded to go thanks to some vague connection to Leicester...even though they're from Nottingham...yes I can't understand it either) and the atmosphere was top notch, 'Quins have struck gold with this fixture and they pulled it off perfectly. If they aim for 82,000 next Christmas they may not get it but will come pretty darn close, possibly a 70,000 attendance next year?

Monye's howler was absolutely bizarre but not as bizarre as that cross field kick that eventually led to Brown's try. I can't work out who tried it but had an inkling it was Toby Flood. Any ideas?

Why didn't they allow a walk-up? My girlfriend was going to go with her family on the day, but ended up severely disappointed. And somehow I get it in the neck!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 28 2008, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why didn't they allow a walk-up? My girlfriend was going to go with her family on the day, but ended up severely disappointed. And somehow I get it in the neck!![/b]

It was a sell out. Stadium limited to 50,000 due to trains or something like that.

yep. basically i kno loads of people who live in twickenham, isleworth & so on and they hate all the rugby days cos there's so much litter strewn all over the place; traffic, drunken fans and crowds and all the rest of it. The RFU has to do deals with the local council to allow matches to be played, and they put up hundreds of double deckers which take fans free to richmond. But obviously you need more for 82,000 than for 50,000... so for days like the Premiership double header and other minor matches it's limited to 50,000 to appease local residents.

Latest posts