iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
hey guys, whats up

this isn't permanent or its actually going to happen but i'm thinking about calling it a day here and i'll list my reasons:
- yeah i had my good moments on here, but in some threads especially the english threads i feel ignored half the time but when they're not i get abused for reasons that i dont know why.
- part off it is from the other thread were im saying that i should be banned from here ?, i know your probably taking the mic. but still i dont see why i should be banned in the first place.
- it sometimes takes 5 hours to get a reply from a thread.

but my question now is. should i stay ? or should i go ?. i want serious answers though cause when i quit i usually quit for good.

EDIT: but this is my main reason. its because i feel when i came on this i brought a bad reputation all i wanted to do when i come onto this forum is to talk rugby and post match fixtures etc. not to fight or hate.

Last edited:
125011.jpg

Stay, you're a good poster who starts a crap load of threads. The last three weeks on TRF have been a complete gong show and I wouldn't read too much into them, I think we;ve had more reports and problems in that time frame as we did in the preivous 6-7 months.

As they say "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay, you're a good poster who starts a crap load of threads. The last three weeks on TRF have been a complete gong show and I wouldn't read too much into them, I think we;ve had more reports and problems in that time frame as we did in the preivous 6-7 months.

really ??!! What kind of reports ?!!...

Scotty, stay. Some of us appreciate you and that's all that matters. Others like to pick on you but who cares man, it's just random dudes from around the world, on an internet forum, don't let that crap affect you man. You're young and, well, you're kind of people's easy prey because you're a good guy and they have nothing else to do in their lives but pick on some random Scottish kid online to look all cool in front of the other cool kids. Kind of like parasites, they feed off of you to appear edgy and funny. But that's their problem, don't let it be yours too. If you at least get to learn a few things here Rugby wise, posts like Conrad's about Argentina are interesting culturally, there are posters from all over the world here who like to actually be productive and talk real Rugby, about their country's scene, and who are genuinely nice and not rotten inside.
You're a positive element here, even if you're still young, don't let the bullshiit negativity of other losers drag you down.
If you really feel like you're not getting anything or not enough out of here, there's the whole internet man. Especially if you want to talk Sottish Rugby, this isn't the best place obviously, you know that much...

Stay around. You're often a voice of reason within the chaos that occasionally occurs.
Nearly always find your posts relevant and well thought out, hate to see you go.

Stay. Even if just to p*ss of the haters.

Would love to know what kinds of reports are getting made. Some very sensitive people around here it seems as apart from the car crash about Argentina it all seems pretty amicable as far as I can tell... Everyone annoys everyone at some point but it seems to get left in the thread.

Anyway I think you're a decent poster and think this place would be worse for your absence.

Have I gotten any? I'd hate to think I'm being left out of the cool kids controversial corner.

guys thanks for all the heads up :) i feel a little better with situations around here. even though usually thing's which i've been part off for years im less likely to quit that easily but i can get pushed to the limit were i say i had enough.

but seriously guys thanks for the heads up but im still not sure

Just ignore when Feic gives you ****, you'll be fine otherwise.

Stay. I've been involved with discussion forums for 14 years, and moderated two. I have learned a couple things regarding your reasons for leaving:

1. Just because people don't reply doesn't mean they don't read. Lots of times I read but just don't have time to comment. Forums, unlike in real life when you get an immediate response from your audience, are ALL about talking to a brick wall, and just hoping that one or two bricks talk back. Most everyone experiences the same 'I feel ignored' syndrome, so you're not alone. It's just part of the medium.

2. You're dealing with guys from different cultures and different ways of communicating (and some that don't speak English as a first language). Sometimes our typed words just come across the wrong way, and people take offense. Also - and no offense to the gentlemen here - you are dealing with...ya know...guys. Guys full of testosterone. Everyone wants to be the Alpha Male...and if you don't agree with the Alpha Males (in their minds, not in reality) you're going to get attitude. MY advice? Consider the source, and do not argue back. There's nothing in the rule book that says if someone is an arsehat to you, you have to be one right back. Just ignore them...besides, I have found that the degree of rudeness a man exhibits has a direct correlation to the size (or lack thereof) of his wee bits.

3. This is a relatively small group of people, so it will take time for folks to reply since not everyone is interested in every topic. No worries, it's not you, it's just the nature of the forum beast. Also, I've been on extremely active forums, where there are dozens - even hundreds - of posts a minute, and they are the WORST! You can't keep track of discussions (especially if you miss a day or two), and you never get to know anyone, so there's never a sense of community. Trust me...waiting five hours for a reply is much better than never being able to keep track of what you're even talking about.

That all said, I would like to say that I do see a lot of 'ban the troll' type comments on the forum, most of which seem petty and unwarranted. Sure, there are a few that are said in jest, but most seem like immature foot-stomping when people don't get their way (that is, to have everyone agree with everything they say). Again, I blame it on testosterone. ;)

das

Scotty, as far as I can tell, the main reason you get grief is because you keep asking for validation and some people here are cranky bellends (much as I love said people).

So chill, mano. Stick around. Keep posting threads, keep asking questions, keep giving an opinion. You do add something. I'd like to say use proper grammar and capitalisation but that is me being a cranky bellend. Don't sweat how popular you are.

As for the silences - it happens. This is a small community. It also happens to be one of the bigger rugby communities around. I could point you to bigger, but they are totally infested with trolls or morons as a rule. There will be awkward silences. Don't get hung up on it.

Just ignore them...besides, I have found that the degree of rudeness a man exhibits has a direct correlation to the size (or lack thereof) of his wee bits.

Sometimes I'm very rude, sometimes I'm very polite... she might be onto something.

Don't leave us! Stay with us Scotty, we need some scottish point of view in this, hiper welsh-irish-english forum.

Latest posts