rdpro12.png

RDS, Dublin - (27/05/2012, 16:00)

Leinster.png
Versus Magners.png
Ospreys.png

Ref: Romain Poite
TV: S4C, TG4, RTE 2

Last edited:
42. That took the average member 42 seconds to work out what the bleedin' 'eck you said

Ospreys will lose because they're not as good at rugby as us.

This should be a great match of rugby. The Ospreys pack might prove to be the difference here, I hope it is anyway.

The Ospreys are undefeated in one away game to RDS though.

I see what you did there, and I like.

dullonien said:
This should be a great match of rugby. The Ospreys pack might prove to be the difference here, I hope it is anyway.

I wouldn't imagine O's will have all that much of an edge up front. In the scrum perhaps, but in every other respect our forwards are at least a match for their Welsh counterparts.

I see what you did there, and I like.

I wouldn't imagine O's will have all that much of an edge up front. In the scrum perhaps, but in every other respect our forwards are at least a match for their Welsh counterparts.[/COLOR]
Adam and Dicky haven't been fed all week. I'd say Leinster have the edge in second rows, but the back row is rather even, although Ryan has been in tremendous form.

I wouldn't imagine O's will have all that much of an edge up front. In the scrum perhaps, but in every other respect our forwards are at least a match for their Welsh counterparts.[/COLOR]

I'm thinking the breakdown could be another area where the Ospreys get on top, just as Wales did v Ireland. Tipuric is in even better form than his 6 nations form, and he has the capacity to cause havoc as he did v Munster. SOB isn't a genuine openside, so I'm backing Tips to have the advantage there.

Realistically I know that Leinster deserve to go into the game as favourites, but I do genuinely believe the O's have a good shot in this game, and not just because Leinster might struggle to lift themselves after the HC final.

Adam and Dicky haven't been fed all week. I'd say Leinster have the edge in second rows, but the back row is rather even, although Ryan has been in tremendous form.

Really. I wouldn't say Leinster have the edge in the second row. Evans is a match for Thorn, whilst I'd have Alun Wyn Jones every day of the week over Cullen, especially with the form Jones is in at the moment!

Last edited:
I'm thinking the breakdown could be another area where the Ospreys get on top, just as Wales did v Ireland. Tipuric is in even better form than his 6 nations form, and he has the capacity to cause havoc as he did v Munster. SOB isn't a genuine openside, so I'm backing Tips to have the advantage there.

Realistically I know that Leinster deserve to go into the game as favourites, but I do genuinely believe the O's have a good shot in this game, and not just because Leinster might struggle to lift themselves after the HC final.

Ireland's failings at the break down in the 6 natons seem to derive from an imbalance in the back row in terms of who was supposed to do what as opposed to any failing of SOB as a 7. He was rather excellent at the breakdown last week, so I have no fears that he'll be up to the challenge. In any case, Shane Jennings will probably play, which will give us a genuine 7 and a very handy 6.5 in Seanie.

I think Leinster are very focused on this match after what happened last year. Listening to the players after last week there certainly seemed to be an attitude of job half done, especially compared to last year when the Heineken was essentially the be all and end all. They should be well up for it, especially on our home patch.

****ingcomeonyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! Lemmmeeeeeeeeoooooooouuuuuuuttttttt!!!!!!

****ingcomeonyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!! Lemmmeeeeeeeeoooooooouuuuuuuttttttt!!!!!!

I think we've lost Cyril for the next four days.

Jennings and Sexton were in at the school on Monday and were saying how this time the celebrations were pretty muted as they were eyeing up the Rabo. Expect a relatively pumped Leinster.

I think I'd be quite tempted to play VDM, Toner and Jennings this game and make Jamie captain. This would add fresh legs in the pack, bolster the scrum and hopefully secure the breakdown. We may lose some carrying power but id like to play a wide game anyway. Pretty Much keep the backs the same.

I think I'd be quite tempted to play VDM, Toner and Jennings this game and make Jamie captain. This would add fresh legs in the pack, bolster the scrum and hopefully secure the breakdown. We may lose some carrying power but id like to play a wide game anyway. Pretty Much keep the backs the same.
You're saying drop Sean O'Brien? I like your way of thinking!

You're saying drop Sean O'Brien? I like your way of thinking!

I wouldn't be so happy if I were you. firstly, Jennings would come in for Locky. Secondly, if we were to drop SOB for some unthinkable reason, we'd have to bring in the even more bloodthirsty Dom Ryan. The damage would be horrendous.

Expecting a big send off for Shaney. Hopefully my new Crush Dirksen will continue to take the hard options by attempting to run through defenders.

I totally wrote us off against munster, and then game ended up being a surprise. Leinster Euro champs is going to be a huge game, especially in Ireland. I O's are to win, it will be close. Exited much :D :D

Credit to Tandy and the "new" team for the more positive rugby being played :D

TVH, good to see you around again.
Pleased about Hanno's new contract? Read today that he turned down an invitation to play with the USA for last RWC, so looks like he wants to play for us.

Looking forward to this. Who decided to play this on a Sunday?

Latest posts