• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RaboDirect Pro 12 Final - Leinster vs Ospreys - 27/05/2012

Yes really..... Until the last 2 scrums you can see out props hinging and dropping the bind. I'm not saying our scrum was poor and in fact it was a battle that became in the end quite even. It certainly wasn't worthy of receiving 2 yellow cards.

I agree with that.

Yes really..... Until the last 2 scrums you can see out props hinging and dropping the bind. I'm not saying our scrum was poor and in fact it was a battle that became in the end quite even. It certainly wasn't worthy of receiving 2 yellow cards.

No. We didn't collapse all of them we weren't hinging on everyone of them in fact the first few were collapsed by James. We did collapse a few but not a huge amount.

Poite the ref, had a poor game and it happens far too often in Rabo games.
Leinster are a great side and play fantastic rugby but maybe this was just one game too far.........should the final happen BEFORE the Heineken?
Great win for the lads and Tandy, but how will he go next season? With all the new fans coming on board he will have to produce a winning team, anyone for the Heineken?

I want to make an articulate judgement on the game. I don't think I'm up to it right now. Instead, enjoy this word:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I blame the weather, everybody knows 25C is way past the melting point of Irishmen, it's the reason Nacewa got MoM, being a fijian and all.

I blame the weather, everybody knows 25C is way past the melting point of Irishmen, it's the reason Nacewa got MoM, being a fijian and all.
Wales is hardly a tropical paradise though is it mate, and they finished very strongly in the end;)

Ospreys don't do that anymore, or coloured boots. :)

I think they just said that to improve PR to be honest

look at Kahn Fotuali'i, according to Holley you can wear coloured boots if you have 15 international caps or 50 times for the Ospreys, Fotuali'i has done neither yet wears coloured boots, unless white doesn't qualify as coloured

CDF_110512_BE_Ospreys_Munster11.jpg

I think they enforce the tan ban though, look at Rhys Webb at his photoshoot at the beginning of the season before the tan ban on the left, and during the Six Nations photoshoot after the tan ban on the right

Rhys_Webb.JPG
240112_Rhys_Webb.jpg

Or he realised that the looked like a knob.

Good thing they put the ban in, Hanno didn't really pull it off:
tanno.jpg

My own work, for the record.

Last edited:
Great/Horrible game today, I haven't read over the thread so sorry if I'm repeating things already said.

I thought that once we kept the Ospreys out before half time we had it won. Unfortunately I think Leinster thought the same because that try after HT has to be the softest we let in all season, then Isa got his second and we were in control again but Shane Williams and Dan Biggar had other plans. I thought both sin binings were a bit harsh and that Poite was very lenient on offside as both sides were drifting offside a lot especially Ospreys in the final play. Ospreys were also very sinnacle at times and seemed to be targeting Kearney at the start of the game with the shoulder check and a few incidents around the ruck.

Ospreys played great rugby and once again showed they can beat Leinster, if they can avoid a slow start to the HC next year they definitely do a lot of damage.

Cracking game played by two cracking teams in cracking conditions. The only shame was the result!

Well done to the Ospreys who truly have Leinster's number. Leinster have only lost four games all season and three of those were to the Ospreylians. To come back and win the game from a big deficit took a lot of bottle.

Just want to know from both sets what did they make of our good pal Poite today?

Latest posts