TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Teams have been announced.

Ulster:
(15-9): J Payne, A Trimble, D Cave, S Olding, T Bowe, P Jackson, R Pienaar;

(1-8): T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller (C), D Tuohy, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams;
Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, D Fitzpatrick, I Henderson, M McComish, P Marshall, M Allen, P Nelson.

Leinster:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Ian Madigan
11: Isa Nacewa
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Devin Toner
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:
16: Sean Cronin
17: Jack McGrath
18: Jamie Hagan
19: Quinn Roux
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Andrew Conway

REFEREE: John Lacey (IRFU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: George Clancy, Peter Fitzgibbon (both IRFU), 4th & 5th OFFICIALS: Leo Colgan, Olly Hodges (both IRFU), TMO: Dermot Moloney (IRFU)

Strong teams would have started Goodman myself but ah well. Pity O'Brien couldn't make it. Good/bad to see Afoa for Ulster, is their seomthing wrong with Stevenson?

Now hopefully we can gice Jonny, Isa and Jamie (not that Jamie) the send off they deserve.

I'd still rather have McComb than McComish...

im buzzing for this got tickets with my dublin flatmates :D

Just a question. Why the hell is Nacewa retiring? He's still only 30 years old, is still a good player, and with his rugby brain he could still be a good player into his 30's as he doesn't rely solely on physical attributes he has mental ones too. He would be a far better asset to Leinster than Kirchner given his utility, relative rarity of getting injured and plays all season long. Failing that, why not go and get some late career cash in Japan or some French team like Bayonne or something. Retirement seems premature.

Btw, I reckon Schmidt will leave Leinster a legend if he wins this. Even if the rest of his coaching career ends in utter failure.

Just a question. Why the hell is Nacewa retiring? He's still only 30 years old, is still a good player, and with his rugby brain he could still be a good player into his 30's as he doesn't rely solely on physical attributes he has mental ones too. He would be a far better asset to Leinster than Kirchner given his utility, relative rarity of getting injured and plays all season long. Failing that, why not go and get some late career cash in Japan or some French team like Bayonne or something. Retirement seems premature.

Btw, I reckon Schmidt will leave Leinster a legend if he wins this. Even if the rest of his coaching career ends in utter failure.

Nacewa is retiring because he wants to raise his kids in New Zealand where the rest of his family is and he wants to end his career with Leinster.

Schmidt's already a Leinster legend no matter what.

Long term arm injury innit.

i have a sneaky suspicion we may sneak this, the lack of o'brien might just tip it

i have a sneaky suspicion we may sneak this, the lack of o'brien might just tip it

We shouldn't have anything to fear, no reason why it shouldn't be 3/3. IMO we have them in the pack, and our backline isn't too bad either.

We shouldn't have anything to fear, no reason why it shouldn't be 3/3. IMO we have them in the pack, and our backline isn't too bad either.

This, although it makes an assumption about Afoa's fitness, and Diack and Williams can both go missing from time to time. But I feel they have more issues, and I think - providing Afoa is fully fit - we can start to put the screws on up front, which should be enough. If we don't, mild issues as they have the better 10-12-13. Big test of where Darren Cave is as a player coming up imo.

Beautiful day in Dublin, perfect for attacking rugby. Leinster to give Schmidt, Nacewa, Sexton, Hagan and Conway the send off they deserve. Leo Cullen's team to win by 10.

We should put these pretenders away. It's absolutely splitting the stones too, never a better day for pints and rugby.

Haha all Ulster fans in the Northstand.

**** Rob Keaney out. Nacewa to 15 Conway in, presume D. Kearney in 23.

EDIT: Great mauling good try for Jennings.

Last edited:
That's huge very lucky Lacey allowed it and then the steal.

EDIT: Great work to hold it up, cracking match so far.

Last edited:

Latest posts