• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rabodirect Pro 12 Grand Final 16:45 25/5/13 @ RDS

Sad times, both RTE and BBC wales both agreed we didn't get a fair crack of the whip and the drunks behind me had very strong opinions but I didn't notice I was too busy crying

How did Robbie Diack screw up so badly when he was held up over the line?

On Paddy Jackson, I think working with Joe Schmidt will do wonders for him. Look at the improvement Ian Madigan has made in the last two years and how Jonny Sexton has also developed his game over that time. A 21 year old Jackson is a long way ahead of where a 21 year old Madigan was.

Better team won. No real complaints.

Sure, I could try and blame the referee for a few individual instances, but by-and-by large, Leinster showed a lot more precision with the ball they had, whereas we looked a bit devoid of ideas in midfield IMO.

Looking forward to see how Henderson, Marshall and Farrell fit into the team next year... and Paddy Jackson with another year under his belt.

Oh right dunno about BBC Wales but BBC N.I. are always hugely biased.

Yellow card for Nacewa in his last game.

No they aren't :rolleyes:

BBC are usually very impartial, sometimes even leaning more towards the other team in order to not appear to be biased. Most people up here can't stand them.

For the 3rd time in 4 years, the best team in the league over 22 games lost a one off final. It's hard on Ulster but I'm sure they'll be back. I think they'll become Ireland's strongest province next season.

Yeah that's the way the league goes I suppose, yous were the better team on the day though although not by that much. All in all there wasn't much to seperate us, I felt as though yous had a bit of help from the referee but really the idiots that are pinning everything on that are just wrong. It was a factor of course, but we had a few chances that we didn't take whereas Leinster were completely clinical and that was the main difference.

I hope you are right about being the strongest province, it'll be interesting to see how yous cope with losing Schimdt. We certainly are a team on the up with some world class talent and a lot of good young players and if we can build on what happened this season then we'll hopefully get a trophy next season.

Thing I'd say about Ulster is they certainly finished the season with a hell of a lot better squad than they started with.

Just on both teams yesterday it was great advert for Irish rugby.

On that. Most people enjoyed the game, even one or two none rugby fans I spoke to said it was a good game. The reason for that was the ref was blowing up for any illegal play. The players were very slow to cop on though. The ref was slow to book players. Henry should have gotten a definite yellow for his kick that time and Trimble also was a lucky boy, coming into the side of the ruck and shoulder charged Madigan into the head.

Leinster deserved the win, finally they got over the line. I think the ferocity of the hits showed how much both teams wanted to win. People knock the Pro 12 but its getting tougher every year.

No they aren't :rolleyes:

BBC are usually very impartial, sometimes even leaning more towards the other team in order to not appear to be biased. Most people up here can't stand them.

Yes they are I've watched enough of "Ulster Rugby" to know that. It's really noticeable. It's fir enough though seeing as they have a fairly small base supporting the one team.

I really don't think it's that biased? On certain calls of course commentators might feel hard done by for their own team, but you can't say it isn't the same for all teams.

Latest posts