Connacht.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Newport.png

Munster.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Cardiff.png

I heard Ulster will look pretty different from the XV that lost to Munster:

15-9): A D'Arcy, A Trimble, D Cave, L Marshall, C Gilroy; P Jackson, R Pienaar;
(1-8): T Court, R Herring, A Macklin, L Stevenson, D Tuohy, R Diack, C Henry c, N Williams;
Replacements (16-23): N Annett, C Black, J Afoa, N McComb, R Wilson, M Heaney, P Wallace, R Andrew.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11060.php

I heard Ulster will look pretty different from the XV that lost to Munster:

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/11060.php

lol the team against Munster was a very second string team with evem some third string players. If Ulster had their full squad we probably would have won. (Just saying incase you don't know much about the squad, even now it's far from full strength)

lol the team against Munster was a very second string team with evem some third string players. If Ulster had their full squad we probably would have won. (Just saying incase you don't know much about the squad, even now it's far from full strength)

Yup, which is a really interesting call - not only is it a big match, but its our only chance to prep for the HEC. Fairly ballsy decision from Anscombe. Some of its been enforced - the injuries obviously, and apparently House of Payne is ill, but you'd expect all of Best, Afoa and Henderson to come back into the starting line up for the big 'uns, and Small Paul to the bench too. Think Small Paul might be absent due to his incipient marriage (sorry cmac) although it might also be due to him being an idiot who gets himself sinbinned at a vital time... hard to tell.

First home match of the year I'm gonna miss (live). I'll just have to make do with GusherTV.

grrr.

I have moments where I wish we were **** again so I'd have no trouble getting tickets! :lol:

Its gonna be even bloomin worse next season too.

Why don't you get yourself a season ticket?

Why don't you get yourself a season ticket?

Three reasons.

1. I'm an idiot.
2. I wasn't sure if the post-xmas games were Friday night or Saturday midday (I would find it difficult to make all league games if they were Saturday during daylight - duties on my da's/uncles' farms).
3. I would have bought the half-season ticket for 2013 only I might have to go to England to work shortly... making attending games iffy.

Its mostly (1) coupled with a bit of (2) and (3)! :lol::blush:

Just a word of warning to our Welsh friends that may be travelling over to Belfast for the match tonight.

Our local bunch of fukkwits are out on their fleg (flag) protest again... so there may be severe traffic disruption throughout Belfast and further afield. I strongly advise getting within walking distance of Ravenhill before 6pm.

You might want to head to some of the local pubs near(ish) the ground, Errigal on Ormeau Road [about 15 mins walk away], Rosetta Bar on Rosetta Road [about 5 mins walk away] or Malone Rugby Club just off Cregagh Road [about 10 mins walk away]... if you were heading a pub, half 5 or earlier might not be a bad idea... it gives some breathing space if the **** hits the fan on your travels.

If you don't wanna hit the drink that early (or at all), there are some decent wee restaurants on the Ormeau... haven't eaten on Cregagh before so can't advise there...

Three reasons.

1. I'm an idiot.
2. I wasn't sure if the post-xmas games were Friday night or Saturday midday (I would find it difficult to make all league games if they were Saturday during daylight - duties on my da's/uncles' farms).
3. I would have bought the half-season ticket for 2013 only I might have to go to England to work shortly... making attending games iffy.

Its mostly (1) coupled with a bit of (2) and (3)! :lol::blush:

Did not have you down as a culchie :p

And yeah, regular attendance from England would be a tad difficult. Doable if you were minted and didn't work Fridays, but...

Teams for the Munster v Blues game:

Munster: F Jones; D Howlett (capt), K Earls, J Downey, J Murphy; R O'Gara, C Murray; D Kilcoyne, M Sherry, S Archer; D Foley, D Ryan; T O'Donnell, S Dougall, J Coughlan.
Replacements: S Henry, W du Preez, BJ Botha, B Holland, CJ Stander, D Williams, I Keatley, C Laulala.

Cardiff Blues:
Jason Tovey; Owen Williams, Richard Smith, Jamie Roberts, Harry Robinson; Rhys Patchell, Lewis Jones; Sam Hobbs, Rhys Williams, Benoit Bourrust, Bradley Davies, Lou Reed, Josh Navidi (capt), Sam Warburton, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Kritian Dacey, Paetru Tamba, Scott Andrews, James Down, Luke Hamilton, Alex Walker, Ceri Sweeney, Leigh Halfpenny.

Anybody know who Richard Smith is? Can't see him named in the Blues squad on their website, and I don't recall hearing his name before. Why is he being selected at centre ahead of Cory Allen or even Owen Williams, who's naturally a centre, not a winger? Still without ever seeing him play before I'm sure he's still better than Gavin Evans
:p

Last edited:

Do you have any more information, or remember seeing him play? A DOB of 1987 makes him 25, so he's not that young. Cannot understand why he's suddenly starting for them in a biggish game against Munster. Just looked and he was an unused replacement against the Dragons on boxing day, but still. Phil Davies obviously has something against Cory Allen. I was expecting Allen to be pushing for a starting spot this season, but he's barely had a sniff.

Can't understand why the Blues keep going with Down in the second-row either. He's done little to impress me thus far this season, and with a further three young second-rows waiting for opportunities, why not try one or two of them at some stage?

Do you have any more information, or remember seeing him play? A DOB of 1987 makes him 25, so he's not that young. Cannot understand why he's suddenly starting for them in a biggish game against Munster. Just looked and he was an unused replacement against the Dragons on boxing day, but still. Phil Davies obviously has something against Cory Allen. I was expecting Allen to be pushing for a starting spot this season, but he's barely had a sniff.

Can't understand why the Blues keep going with Down in the second-row either. He's done little to impress me thus far this season, and with a further three young second-rows waiting for opportunities, why not try one or two of them at some stage?

From what I've heard Allen has mostly been playing with Cardiff RFC, which isn't too bad an idea for developing a player, but with Evans and Hewitt being a fairly ineffective centre partnership you'd think they'd given him a crack by now! Is he involved with 7s these days? I saw a tweet where he was in Australia so could be out there with them?

Also, is there any rugby on today on the Welsh channels? Cant seem to see any in the TV Guide, odd considering the O's are at home and the Scarlets have a pretty big match (though that's on BBC NI I think)

Also, is there any rugby on today on the Welsh channels? Cant seem to see any in the TV Guide, odd considering the O's are at home and the Scarlets have a pretty big match (though that's on BBC NI I think)

Not that I can see. I'm sure the Scarlets game will be available on the red button though. Odd that someone isn't showing the O's game. Most home games are televised, especially the Ospreys.

Edit. It looks like the Ulster v Scarlets match is being shown on BBC2W as well.

Last edited:
Never seen him play.
Allen is playing Sevens and for CRFC, so still getting time in.

Os are on Sportitalia2, I think... Not much help, sorry mate.

Appalling start by Aled Thomas. Three poor kicks so far, including one out on the full and missing touch from a penalty. On two occasions there was good opportunities to spread the ball wide and get Davies and North into the game as well.

Latest posts