• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Racing v Toulouse: Heineken Cup Quarter Final

Without Leavy, VdF, Toner and Lowe by extension we aren't destroying anyone in the 2-4 meaningful games we have left this season, I could see us doing anything from losing two semis to double doubling if we get Henshaw and Sexton back.

Without Leavy, VdF, Toner and Lowe by extension we aren't destroying anyone in the 2-4 meaningful games we have left this season, I could see us doing anything from losing two semis to double doubling if we get Henshaw and Sexton back.
Sexton return could be a negative too. Toner is possible to be back isn't he?
7 is the interesting call. SOB is still there but would someone like Penny possibly enter the scene

Sexton return could be a negative too. Toner is possible to be back isn't he?
7 is the interesting call. SOB is still there but would someone like Penny possibly enter the scene
Sexton returning could be a negative in bizarro land, he's still the best 10 in the province/country/hemisphere/universe.

I could see Ruddock playing 7 if SOB is sent to the bench, whether you bring Mick Kearney or Doris/Deegan into the fray would be the question then.

Sexton returning could be a negative in bizarro land, he's still the best 10 in the province/country/hemisphere/universe.

I could see Ruddock playing 7 if SOB is sent to the bench, whether you bring Mick Kearney or Doris/Deegan into the fray would be the question then.
Sexton us under the microscope more than ever and yes he is a top 10 but the last few games has cut a frustrated unhappy figure.
If that creeps in it is a negative. Not saying it will.

And well if Ruddock goes to 7 I think you loose alot in balance

Sexton us under the microscope more than ever and yes he is a top 10 but the last few games has cut a frustrated unhappy figure.
If that creeps in it is a negative. Not saying it will.

And well if Ruddock goes to 7 I think you loose alot in balance
Yeah but what's the alternative? SOB is offering nothing at present. Deegan played 7 a few times during the Six Nations but that's not any different from playing Ruddock there. Other than that it's just Penny who's very talented but really he's still 19 and not huge for his age.

Would love to know what Régis Sonnes has brought to Toulouse. He's a brilliant coach and seems to have added to what Ugo Mola brings in much the same way that Stuart Lancaster and Felipe Contepomi have aided Leo Cullen massively at Leinster.

It was a brilliant game today between Racing and Toulouse. Delighted to see the team from the south of France win. They're a joy to watch in how they choose to attack.

The semi finalists have 17 final appearances including 12 wins amongst the 4 of them. That's staggering. I think Saracens will have too much for Munster and Leinster will benefit from home advantage to squeak past Toulouse and win their semi.

Last edited:
Cracker. Drowned out the Racing fans.

Down to 14 for 60' and with 8 academy players on at one stage.

We have a huge game v Clermont on 14th and Leinster a week later! I dont know how we're going to manage... If we put in a great performance in Dublin it'll galvanise the group going into the playoffs. We have a certain Bouclier to pick up along the way...

Last edited:
Great game with loads of skill and drama. Lots of French youngsters - there's nothing wrong with the talent pipeline and well reffed by a young Englishman (albeit born in Pontypool where they used to be able to play rugby). What's not to like?

Only that it wasn't played outdoors on grass in a rugby specific stadium. Personal, almost certainly unpopular, view but that sterile venue / arena (not ground or stadium) just leaves me cold.

Latest posts