• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rainbow Cup R1 games Weekend of April 24, 2021

Is this being televised in England?

I'm not a virgin so I don't watch Pro14, so I'm not sure if it's just on localised channels (BBC Wales, BBC Alba, S4C etc)

Ah, I'm guessing that's a pay channel?

I'll just stream the last 15 of the Ulster game to see what weird and wonderful way Addison's body gives out on him this time

Don't massively care about this comp, but be good to get a win in Dublin either way. We're fairly full strength, although a couple of out of the norm selections: Coombes to the bench, Daly starting, Healy in the squad, Barron and Knox, no sign of Conway or Rory Scannell.
To be fair we were asked to go full strength. I know coaches will get hard time but lads like CJ are playing last game before Lions selection.
Rotation for alot all has logic.
Haley - Trying to make plane for Irish summer tour.
Earls - Is outsider for Lions
2 lads in centre trying to impress for SA and Ireland squads.
Daly - In desperate need of form to get back on wagon
Joey - Needs games
Murray - Lions attempt
CJ - Lions attempt
Jacko - Ireland push
POM - Lions attempt
Tadgh - Lions
Kleyn - Ireland Tour
Archer - Kinsale 7s
N Scannell - Ireland
Kilcoyne - Strange 1. Gatland name checked him last week in some interview but realistically Ireland.

Bench front rows - All have reasons
Fineen is maybe Ireland
Coombes - Has Irish spot in summer cemented and played alot
Casey - Same as Coombes
Healy - Maybe a sniff of Irish spot
Nash - Has a point to prove

Dunno why we wouldn't go full strength tbf, we have nothing else to play for. May as well win this yoke.

Dunno why we wouldn't go full strength tbf, we have nothing else to play for. May as well win this yoke.
To be fair once Lions is out of way lads will just be ticking over and alot more youth injected.

And agreed like this is bigger than Heineken Cup. Loads can say they won a Heineken Cup. Who can say the have a Rainbow Cup Medal.

1619184377917.png

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Jordan Larmour (56)
14. Dave Kearney (166)
13. Garry Ringrose (80) CAPTAIN
12. Rory O'Loughlin (81)
11. James Lowe (50)
10. Harry Byrne (22)
9. Hugh O'Sullivan (29)
1. Ed Byrne (66)
2. Dan Sheehan (10)
3. Andrew Porter (73)
4. Ross Molony (113)
5. Ryan Baird (21)
6. Josh Murphy (45)
7. Scott Penny (25)
8. Caelan Doris (37)

16. Seán Cronin (193)
17. Peter Dooley (90)
18. Michael Bent (155)
19. James Ryan (45)
20. Scott Fardy (76)
21. Cormac Foley (0)
22. Ciarán Frawley (34)
23. Tommy O'Brien (7)

Referee: Chris Busby (IRFU)

Fair play IrishT.

Great to see Doris, Ryan and Ringrose return.

Also delighted that Cormac Foley will probably get at least some senior time for Leinster. Probably another Leinster scrumhalf without the necessary pass but is a good rugby player.

Munster: Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (C), Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman, Keynan Knox, Fineen Wycherley, Gavin Coombes, Craig Casey, Ben Healy, Calvin Nash.

unfortunately yes... the gap in ability between munsters 9's and leinsters in this game is ridiculous..

Two bad kicks over the dead ball from Carty.

Both 8s looking good and Dillane looking powerful.

I imagine that hit will put Will out for a while,
Nice attempted heel hook though, obviously been working on his jiu jitsu

That hairline wasn't there before - someone's been on a trip to Stuart Hogg's barber in Turkey

Good ending to the game,

Not sure how I feel about the captains challenges, but they're definitely make things interesting

Doris and Frawley out with Martin Moloney and Hawkshaw called in. Really disappointing for both guys and really killing my enthusiasm for this game.

Did Beirne start that because Kleyn hit him on the shoulder and he thought it was Ryan?

Latest posts