17. Michael Milne (14)
18. Michael Bent (156)
19. Devin Toner (264)
20. Jack Conan (104)
21. Cormac Foley (1)
22. Rory O'Loughlin (84)
23. Tommy O'Brien (8)

Referee: Mike Adamson (SRU)

Quite a strong team, delighted to see Doris back. JOB and Milne being fit is good as well.

CONNACHT MATCHDAY 23 VS MUNSTER RUGBY
Friday 14th May, Thomond Park, kick-off 6.00pm

Name/Number/Caps
15. John Porch (38)
14. Sammy Arnold (13)
13. Sean O'Brien (Acad) (9)
12. Tom Daly (46) (C)
11. Alex Wootton (19)
10. Conor Fitzgerald (34)
9. Kieran Marmion (184)
1. Paddy McAllister (16)
2. Shane Delahunt (97)
3. Dominic Robertson-McCoy (65)
4. Niall Murray (15)
5. Ultan Dillane (111)
6. Cian Prendergast (7)
7. Conor Oliver (19)
8. Abraham Papali'i (12)

Replacements
16. Dave Heffernan (142)
17. Denis Buckley (198)
18. Finlay Bealham (157)
19. Eoghan Masterson (109)
20. Sean Masterson (11)
21. Caolin Blade (129)
22. Jack Carty (156)
23. Peter Sullivan (14)

Munster: Matt Gallagher; Andrew Conway, Dan Goggin, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; Ben Healy, Craig Casey; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Gavin Coombes, Peter O'Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Tadhg Beirne, Jack O'Donoghue, Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Keith Earls.

Rooting for Foley big time. A different type of 9 and probably one we need in big games from what I remember in the little I've seen of him. Great to see Doris back.

Still have no clue how to win this comp.

Rooting for Foley big time. A different type of 9 and probably one we need in big games from what I remember in the little I've seen of him. Great to see Doris back.

Still have no clue how to win this comp.
Haven't really seen much of him, what's his style?

Haven't really seen much of him, what's his style?

He's a bigger guy for a 9 (played 12 as well at 20s), good at sniping and a good defender. Pass isn't really consistent enough though. Wouldn't really consider him a massively different type of 9.

He's a bigger guy for a 9 (played 12 as well at 20s), good at sniping and a good defender. Pass isn't really consistent enough though. Wouldn't really consider him a massively different type of 9.
Yeah that sounds fairly similar to the type of 9 we consistently produce. Seems like what we need is a zippy passer more than anything.

Ulster Rugby:
Eric O Sullivan, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Sam Carter, Iain Henderson, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Nick Timoney

David Shanahan, Billy Burns, Craig Gilroy, Stuart McCloskey, James Hume, Robert Baloucoune, Jacob Stockdale

Substitutes
Bradley Roberts, Callum Reid, Tom O'Toole, Alan O'Connor, Greg Jones, Nathan Doak, Ian Madigan, Robert Lyttle

Hope Reid gets a good run. His carrying is what Ulster need more of and given Irish loosehead stocks could see him on a fast trajectory next year if given the gametime.

Dear Munster stop picking Ryan and Archer together it's making me sad. Halfbacks look good and nice to see Gallagher back, but I think we can do a bit better with these bloody selections, as cathartic as walloping other provinces is.

Munster were getting slated for going full strength in their first game against Leinster when they had nothing else to play for which...... Was premature. leinster have put out a first strength side for the most part as have Ulster.

Here's the full Round 3 schedule.

1620957594790.png
We Are Warriors! :p Beat Edinburgh!

Last edited:
Munster
Leinster
Scarlets
Benetton
Glasgow
Ospreys

I'm going with all the home teams this weekend, except the Dragons. I think the Ospreys will win that one. :cool:

Last edited:
JOD being an absolute idiot. Why would you get so annoyed that the guy you're holding on the ground pushes you?

In an ideal world, I don't want to see that punished too harshly. As an Ulster fan, after this season, I'm ******* ******. We've had so many cards with marginal cases this season and that gets away with nothing. No consistency. Rubbish.

Posted this elsewhere:

I'm torn on the Henshaw tackle. On one hand, it's clear to me that he didn't make contact with the head and that it shouldn't have been a red.

On the other hand, it just 'looks' wrong. I honestly believe that he was reckless with the way he went into the tackle and it was luck rather than judgement which meant he missed the head. It's the type/style of tackle which could very easily have led to a significant head injury to either player if Balacoune had made any sort of adjustment and it is that type of tackle we are trying to stamp out. I can also understand why Henderson was so annoyed as in real time it looked bad and he has a duty to his player.

No easy answer on this one.

On the game as a whole I'm pleased Ulster fronted up and showed something this game. Good defence and good intent. Same old story though, just not clinical enough.

Posted this elsewhere:

I'm torn on the Henshaw tackle. On one hand, it's clear to me that he didn't make contact with the head and that it shouldn't have been a red.

On the other hand, it just 'looks' wrong. I honestly believe that he was reckless with the way he went into the tackle and it was luck rather than judgement which meant he missed the head. It's the type/style of tackle which could very easily have led to a significant head injury to either player if Balacoune had made any sort of adjustment and it is that type of tackle we are trying to stamp out. I can also understand why Henderson was so annoyed as in real time it looked bad and he has a duty to his player.

No easy answer on this one.

On the game as a whole I'm pleased Ulster fronted up and showed something this game. Good defence and good intent. Same old story though, just not clinical enough.
I agree with you that it was a reckless tackle, and disappointed with it as a challenge from Henshaw. However I still reckon the ref made the right call, as no laws were broken. Thought Ulster probably should have won the game, as you said they just weren't clinical enough with their finishing.

Latest posts