Rainbow Six Patriots

TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wSQ7-jL9c6I" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Ubisoft has released some new details about its upcoming Rainbow Six sequel. Cut through the PR gumph and there's some interesting stuff in there. According to the release, Rainbow Six: Patriots explores a "what-if" scenario inspired by real events and people. Taking the role of the squad's leader, you must guide Team Rainbow (which still doesn't sound very macho does it?) in a battle against organised militia and home-grown insurgents. It also promises to challenge players with "difficult ethical decisions." As ever with Rainbow Six games, you will be able to command your team. But this time Ubisoft are promising "full-control," with your squad performing "the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation." Killing people in the face then, yeah? In addition ato all this there's some new combat techniques on offer too, including revised Rappel and Breach mechanics. These include new techniques like "Wall & Ceiling Breach," "Fast Rope Rappel," inverted 'Aussie Style Rappel' and something called Infiltrate & Subdue, among others. (They best not have messed with the cover system though. If they have, I'll Infiltrate and Subdue all over their asses. Rainbow Six: Vegas' cover system was flawless.) With regards to multiplayer Ubi have added a nice new touch in the form of the Sandtable, a holographic display that allows players to acquaint themselves with the maps, meaning you and your team can plan your route of attack. And last up, in what seems like an evolution of the Stick-It-Under-the-Door Cam, you can now execute thermal scans of rooms before you breach, in order to plan the perfect assault. It all sounds rather nice, doesn't it? Can't wait to get our hands on it. Expect more in the coming weeks. Rainbow Six: Patriots is out in 2013.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10220-New-Rainbow-Six--Patriots-Details-Breach.html

Released in 2013 ... looking forward to it.

While it looks like a good game, it doesn't look like a rainbow six game.

They were all about tactics etc. while this just looks like another COD4 type game. Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure it'll be great, but not a R6 game

Really wasn't a fan of R6 Vegas games. In fact I thought they were crap. But that looks OK

i thought the last one was pretty fun as was said it was tactical you couldnt run into a room firing from the hip commando style

I agree - I really like Vegas 2
Picked it up for about £10 from Game, used - Really good Co-op as well

Vegas 2 was immense. Got it on my Xbox hard drive and still play it from time to time.

Latest posts