• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rangers FC going into administration.

So another football team goes into administration....not really big news is it? Lets be honest all they will do is start up under a different name and all the people they owe money to will get nothing. The fact is if you are a football club normal rules dont apply, you can spend what you want, borrow what you want and pay as little tax as you want and when it all catches up with you, you just go into administration and start all over again.

Not true.

For 'small' clubs the rules apply, see Gretna, Third Lanark, Dunfermiline, etc...

You can bet your bottom dollar that if this were any club other than the Old Firm in Scotland, the media and politicians would be saying "They are cheats and criminals and justice should be dealt."

But otherwise yes, Tax Evaders FC will try and start up a new company. Hopefully the HMRC goes further and recognises newco Rangers as a continuation and pursues them for the £85 000 000+ they owe them.

Not true.

For 'small' clubs the rules apply, see Gretna, Third Lanark, Dunfermiline, etc...

You can bet your bottom dollar that if this were any club other than the Old Firm in Scotland, the media and politicians would be saying "They are cheats and criminals and justice should be dealt."

But otherwise yes, Tax Evaders FC will try and start up a new company. Hopefully the HMRC goes further and recognises newco Rangers as a continuation and pursues them for the £85 000 000+ they owe them.

In England we have clubs go into administration daily but they are all still playing every week. Portsmouth must have gone that way every season for the past 6 yet no one is putting chains on the gates and every time it happens all these ex footballers or members of the football press claim what a tragady it is blah blah blah. Souness came on talksport after the news broke about Rangers, never once mentioned the tax evasion or over spending just said they should start under a different name and carry on. If he had said that about a normal private/public company he would have been battered by everyone from politicians to the inland revenue but because its a football team that attitude is acceptable.

One day football is going to have to face the reality of being a business and that they cannot just do what they like because its a sport but currently everyone seems more interested in saving these terrible business models no matter how irresponsibly they behave.

I am glad for it.

This club has literally gotten away with attempted murder in the past. Most (not all) of their 'fans' are bigots who chant vile things that individuals would get locked away for if caught singing them in public by themselves. They reguarily invaded pitches when losing in the 70's and 80's so that game would have to be replayed, they have a noteable history for attacks and riots like those that occured in Manchester in 2008, the club in contraire to their words take very little action to curb the bigotry, and by allowing bigoted displays and encouraging supporters with tunes that fit in with their 'party' songs they tacitly condone it.

The world would be a better place without the club IMO.

Any worse than Celtic?

Last edited by a moderator:
As I say, the big clubs get away with it. The teams in the lower divisions and non-league are treated the way they are meant to be, no sympathy as the media doesn't have pander to a large fan base.

There are a lot of clubs that do run their clubs in a prudent manner, problem is the biggest ratio of problem clubs are in England, so the English world gets the perception that all football leagues all over the world are filled with cheating, creditor dodging and tax evading clubs.

The German FA and league organisers would **** over clubs like Portsmouth, Plymouth, Rangers, Leeds, etc...

Any worse than Celtic?

Two cheeks of the same arse.

As I say, the big clubs get away with it. The teams in the lower divisions and non-league are treated the way they are meant to be, no sympathy as the media doesn't have pander to a large fan base.

There are a lot of clubs that do run their clubs in a prudent manner, problem is the biggest ratio of problem clubs are in England, so the English world gets the perception that all football leagues all over the world are filled with cheating, creditor dodging and tax evading clubs.

The German FA and league organisers would **** over clubs like Portsmouth, Plymouth, Rangers, Leeds, etc...

Two cheeks of the same arse.

You should try looking at Italy and Spain where the clubs have debts very like the economies of both those countries......

You should try looking at Italy and Spain where the clubs have debts very like the economies of both those countries......

:lol:

But as you brought it up, I shall point you towards Juventus and it's subsequent relegation for illegalities and the ownership structure of the heavily in debt clubs in Spain, not sure about the rest of Italies ownership structures.

Then I shall point towards the indebted clubs and the ratio of first team regulars that came through their youth systems.

I never said that the rest of football was peach and... forgot the rest, but merely contest the claim (not that you made it or intend it in any manner) that every football club is a cheating shitehouse full of a cheating cnts.

Athletic Bilboa is a prime example of a brilliantly run club which only came into recognition by British pundits 'cause they beat Man Yoo.

There are more like it, but I agree that football in the main is overly invested by broadcasters, sponsors, sugar daddies and supporters. Don't think you could have an intelligent discussion with a person that thought otherwise.

Not true.

Probably one of the most heartbreaking stories you will hear for their demise after their rise. Kenny Deuchar was the man.

Rangers FC 2013 Line up - Naismith, Naifuture, Naiclass, Naimoney, Naistadium, Naihope, Naitrophies, Naiprospects, Naifans, Naimanager, Naiplayers.

So from what I understand now is that Rangers have been replaced in next seasons fixtures by "Club 12". Rangers have reformed as a newco and there will be a vote to decide if they start in the SPL or from the bottom of the ladder, like Wimbledon (ignoring the MK Dons part)

The Rangers Newco will start in SFA Division 3, the members have ruled today. There was a thought that they'd be let into Division 1 but they will start at the bottom of the ladder, rightfully so to me but this leaves us with the SPL as a 1 team league. Celtic are, according to William Hill Bookies, 1/33 to win the league.

Scottish football really needs to be fixed. It has gone from a two to a one team league. There was Rangers and Celtic, that was it. Whether they were brought into the EPL somehow, or a new league is formed.

Celtic moving to the EPL would make sense. Cardiff and Swansea are 2 Welsh teams who already joined the English mix, so why not Celtic?

Celtic moving to the EPL would make sense. Cardiff and Swansea are 2 Welsh teams who already joined the English mix, so why not Celtic?

What right to Celtic have to straight into the Premier League? I support a club in the division below and if my team were blocked from promotion because of it I wouldn't be happy. Cardiff and Swanseas joined the English system right at the bottom and if, massive if, Celtic join they should do the same.

Sorry, I didn't mean they should jump into the Premiership immediately, I used the wrong abbrev. apparently ;)

Let them join the English professional league, starting in League 2 (former 3rd division)

Latest posts