• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ranked online matches

Duckdee

First XV
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
We all have views on who should play for our favourite club and country, and as such, we won't necessarily agree 100% with the default squads. When playing offline, this won't be a problem, as we will be able to edit the squads, but online, things will probably be different. In order to stop people from just putting the best 15 players in one team, online ranked matches will rightfully be locked to the defaults. However, I would like to see some leeway with this.

Firstly, for national teams, any player of correct nationality can be placed in the extended squad. Now, this might mean some countries may gain a slight increase in rating, but it wouldn't be anything that suddenly makes Argentina better than New Zealand. Clubs would have to stick with what players they have, and I don't think teams such as the Barbarians and B&I Lions should be playable in ranked matches.

The main thing I would like to see added, is a quick team select when in the lobby, to save time having to manually change your squad before each game. For example, if the default England squad consists of a front-five of Payne, Thompson, Cole, Shaw, and Borthwick, before you enter the game, you could select “My line-up†and get Flatman, Hartley, Cole, Lawes, and Kennedy.

There could perhaps be room for more than one custom line-up, so you could select more attacking backs when playing lesser teams, or defensive when playing better.

Does that make sense? I shall be back later to find out.

I definately think that's a good idea,

To be able to save teams from the right list of players would be good, would work for teams as well, if you make a custom 22, but only using *insert club here* players, you could load that lineup when you're setting up the game, it'd save time faffing around trying to sort out your team before each match

If I was bitter, I'd complain about box-art getting more attention than an actually useful idea, but as I said, I'm not bitter.

...what?

I think that is a great idea. This would enable two players to choose the same team but change their tactics in selection!

Latest posts