• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rate Tier 1 nations in order

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
Discard the IRB rankings and focus your mind on what you've seen in the past 5 or 6 test matches from all 10 of the Tier 1 nations atm. Say, as of 2014, to give a setting. Based on the way teams have played, how would you rank them right now, before the November tests start ?
My ranking:
1 guess who-oo ? hehe haha HA hehe haha HA hehe haha HA hehehehehe...
2 Boks
3 Wallabies
4 England/Ireland tied. I've thought about it and because I'm a nice guy I'm making both parties happy.
6 Argentina
7 Wales
8 France
9 Scotland
10 Italy

The most ambiguous one to rank is certainly England-Ireland. Ireland beat the crap out of everyone in the 6N but then lost one. Then they managed a win in Paris. England beat the crap out of everyone but lost in Paris...and although head-to-head ENG beat IRE it was such a tight match, narrow score and England really looked ecstatic like they'd beaten the favorites. The attitude wasn't at all "yeh we've just won another one here at Twickers". Ireland had a pretty disappointing trip to Arg, and England a winless but very interesting tour of NZ. One gets a chance for greatness, the other doesn't. So not much really to be taken from that as the tours are incomparable. Right now, with everything in 2014 so far in a blender, I'd really put them both at about the same level.

Last edited:
1. NZ
2. SA
3. Eng
4. Australia
5. France
6. Wales
7. Argentina
8. Ireland
9. Scotland
10. Italy
8. Italy

1. NZ
2. SA
3. Eng
4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. Wales
7. France
8. Scotland
9. Argentina
10. Italy

1.NZ
20. Eng
30. SA
40. Ireland
50. Australia
60. France
70. Argentina
80. Wales
90. Scotland
100. Italy

1. NZ 2 South Africa 3. Australia 4 England 5 Wales 6 Ireland 7 Argentina 8 France 9 Samoa (need to slip them in) 10 Scotland 11 Italy

1 New Zealand
2 South Africa
3 Australia
4 England
5 Ireland
6 Argentina
7 Wales
8 France
9 Samoa
10 Scotland

I know Samoa are good guys but they still aren't a tier one nation, if we want to rank the tier 2's they'll certainly rank tops there.

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. England
4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. Wales
7. Argentina
8. France
9. Scotland
10. Italy

1. NZ
2. SA
3. Eng
4. Australia
5. France
6. Wales
7. Argentina
8. Ireland
9. Scotland
10. Italy
8. Italy

Ireland at 7 th is not correct. To me they will be a big threat at next years World Cup.

is the word "sandwich" censored on this website by any chance ? nope, apparently not...ok ok forget it.
@LittleGuy @ImScotty you really got Eng over Aus ?...especially after Bledisloe 3 just happened ?
yes the wallabies are playing sh*t atm, i reakon England will beat the Aussies in 2015

1 NZ (for this year still)
2 SA
3 Aus
4 Eng
5 Ire
6 Fra
7 Arg
8 Wal
9 Sco
10 Ita

no way Wales is below France. Last time we saw Wales, they had South Africa praying for an (answered) miracle. At home. Last time we saw France, they failed miserably AGAIN in Australia for a second time in 3 tests.

Shows How much you know of Rugby in general. Go shank yourself
i hated to say it tbh, but look at the aussies at the rugby championship they only won 2/6 games,and england have a very strong team and looking to have a really strong team in 2015 so its nothing to be ashamed off

I know Samoa are good guys but they still aren't a tier one nation, if we want to rank the tier 2's they'll certainly rank tops there.

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. England
4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. Wales
7. Argentina
8. France
9. Scotland
10. Italy

So how exactly do you qualify to be a tier one nation? Samoa beat Italy this year and Samoa have beaten Australia in this decade whom Italy haven't beaten so again what criteria are you using? Italy should definitely be tier 2 mann.

i hated to say it tbh, but look at the aussies at the rugby championship they only won 2/6 games,and england have a very strong team and looking to have a really strong team in 2015 so its nothing to be ashamed off

The English forwards will run right over the Wallabies in the Pool A. Wales will finish them off. Wallabies won't make it past the Pool stages.

The English forwards will run right over the Wallabies in the Pool A. Wales will finish them off. Wallabies won't make it past the Pool stages.

That's not fair mann. If Wales was in the rugby championship would they have done any better. England well if they play like when they beat the All Blacks then perhaps but Wales I am not convinced.

Latest posts