• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - England vs Wales - 25/02/2012, 16:00

Has anybody else seen the player ratings for this game on the indepenent website (I would include the link but I'm on my phone & don't know how) classic English bias.

England controlled the breakdown which in turn helped them towards domination of possession.

Oh and Lydiate and Evans got 5's.

Rule 1 of England write-Ups in the media:
Leicester players shall always be rated highly...
LEICESTER PLAYERS SHALL ALWAYS BE RATED HIGHLY!

Edit: thinking about it, you are aware that Ciaran McCauley is a freelance journo from Belfast?

Last edited:
Gethin Jenkins and Warburton's ratings i'd question.

Has anybody else seen the player ratings for this game on the indepenent website (I would include the link but I'm on my phone & don't know how) classic English bias.

England controlled the breakdown which in turn helped them towards domination of possession.

Oh and Lydiate and Evans got 5's.

Is that a euphemism for - managed to slow down every ruck? based on those ratings, how did England lose? they should have put 30 points on us!

Alot of those make no sense. Well the England ones are ok (although Croft and Robshaw should be one lower). I don't understand how they can comment that Heartley stood up well in the scrum when it was going backwards. Might not have been his fault, but impossible to tell. Their backline scores are pretty accurate.

As for the Welsh scores, wuite a few off the mark I feel. Gethin Jenkins should be one higher, as he was up there as one of the best players. I'd also raise Ken Owens' score who was actualy pretty decent imo. I don't understand why they are making out that Wales lost every one of their lineouts. We lost two (still not great, but far from a complete disaster, with England also losing one). Adam Jones is another that deserves higher, as he had one of his best games for Wales imo, with a more noticable workrate than normal, and a monumental scrummaging display that seems to have gotten slightly glossed over. I have no idea why Ian Evans has been marked so low, as he was the best lock on the field imo. His lineout work was top notch imo, providing very clean ball from the middle. His work in the tight was also excellent with plenty of tackles, and some good rucking.

North might deserve one better, but it's touch and go. I thought Davies was another stand-out performer, but was overshadowed by Tuilagi, so a 7 is probably fair overall. I'd bump Halfpenny up another point, because he was huge in this game. I'd question Scott Williams' score of 8. Yes he scored the winning try, but he also butchered a certain try aswell, put the two together and it doesn't equal the same as Warburton etc.

Glad to see that Youngs and Flood have been released to their clubs. Kind of indicates that they won't be starting against France! I hope Hodgson comes onto the bench with Farrell starting and Flood dropped. Also I hope that any, literally ANY scrum have, even like year 2 school level comes on for Youngs!

Bugger that, hopefully Dickson keeps on form and in the shirt for a long time. Simpson I expect will be the preferred alternative.

Odd to see that Scarlets kicked up a fuss wanted Morgan to be released....and then haven't selected him.

In other news: Lawes out for unspecified time with a shin injury.
I think Garvey will be called up to replace him (Robson more of a lineout guy, who we already have Palmer and Parling for, and Attwood only just back from injury).
Would like to see him make the bench, as well - not sure if Palmer would get the nod over whoever gets called up, or not, though. If it was Johnson then a call-up wouldn't be used, regardless of form, will be interesting to see if Lancaster has shaken that off.

Odd to see that Scarlets kicked up a fuss wanted Morgan to be released....and then haven't selected him.

Morgan not picked by the Scarlets as he has failed a fitness test on a calf injury picked up in training with England.

this thread is still ongoing ?!!

It's the best place for people to discuss latest squad news for England and Wales until the boards for the next games are created.

E.g, Simpson picked up what looked to be a bad injury against the Not Not's today and will possibly miss the rest of the six nations. I suppose that means Youngs will keep his bench place.

****. So no Simpson, Care or Wigglesworth.

Well I hope they only bring Youngs on against France if Dickson's dogshit or injured - not the premeditated 60 minute halfback substitution that coaches love so much.

It's the best place for people to discuss latest squad news for England and Wales until the boards for the next games are created.

E.g, Simpson picked up what looked to be a bad injury against the Not Not's today and will possibly miss the rest of the six nations. I suppose that means Youngs will keep his bench place.

Haha yeah man, it's page 70 right now and this game happened a while ago, but I suppose the most users out of Europe are English here...you wouldn't have 70 pages of comments on the France Italy thread !...

Nothing to do with the English members. Ireland or Wales involved and a thread will be inflated at least 50% bigger then the rest.

Latest posts