• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Scotland Vs England (04/02/2012 - 17:00)

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
6Nations.jpg

Murrayfield (04/02/2012 - 17:00)

Scotland.png
Versus Challenge.png
England.png

[TABLE="class: grid, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Scotland[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]England[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Rory Lamont[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]Ben Foden[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lee Jones[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]Chris Ashton[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nick De Luca[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]Brad Barritt[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sean Lamont[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]Owen Farrell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Max Evans[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]David Strettle[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dan Parks[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Charlie Hodgson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chris Cusiter[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]Ben Youngs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]David Denton[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Phil Dowson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ross Rennie[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Chris Robshaw (C)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alasdair Strokosch[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]Tom Croft[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jim Hamilton[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]Tom Palmer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Richie Gray[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]Mouritz Botha[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Euan Murray[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]Dan Cole[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ross Ford (C)[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Dylan Hartley[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Allan Jacobsen[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]Alex Corbisiero[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Scott Lawson[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]Rob Webber[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Geoff Cross[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]Matt Stevens[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alastair Kellock[/TD]
[TD]18[/TD]
[TD]Geoff Parling[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]John Barclay[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]Ben Morgan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mike Blair[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Lee Dickson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Greig Laidlaw[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Jordan Turner-Hall[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Graeme Morrison[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]Mike Brown[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got tickets, will travel B)

I hope we will see this line-up for Scotland:

1) Allan Jacobsen
2) Ross Ford
3) Euan Murray
4) Riche Gray/ Jim Hamilton
5) Jim Hamilton/ Allistair Kellock
6) David Denton (if not fit)/ Robert Harley
7) Ross Rennie
8) Kelly Brown (if not fit)/ replacement player

9) Mike Blair
10) Greig Laidlaw
11) Lee Jones
12) Matt Scott/ Sean Lamont
13) Joe Ansbro/ Nick de Luca
14) Max Evans
15) Stuart Hogg/ Rory Lamont

16) Heaven Help Us
17) Heaven Help Us
18) One of the three locks nit starting
19) One of the four/ five not starting
20) Chris Cusiter
21) Duncan Weir
22) Rory Lamont/ Stuart Hogg

If Dan Parks starts, I wil be BEELIN'.

My team to play england
1 Jacobson
2 Ford
3 Cross (never rated Murray)
4 Gray
5 Kellock (captian)
6/7/8 undecided
9 blair
10 laidlaw
11 Jones
12 s lamond
13 De luca
14 Evans
15 Hogg

16 S lawson (because he grew up a few miles away from me and went to my school)
17 murray
18/19 undecided
20 R Lawson
21 Weir
22 Rory Lamont

My team to play england
1 Jacobson
2 Ford
3 Cross (never rated Murray)
4 Gray
5 Kellock (captian)
6/7/8 undecided
9 blair
10 laidlaw
11 Jones
12 s lamond
13 De luca
14 Evans
15 Hogg

16 S lawson (because he grew up a few miles away from me and went to my school)
17 murray
18/19 undecided
20 R Lawson
21 Weir
22 Rory Lamont

That's not a very good reason.

England:

1. Alex Corbisiero
2. Dylan Hartley
3. Dan Cole
4. Dave Attwood
5. Tom Palmer
6. Chris Robshaw
7. Calum Clarke
8. Ben Morgan

9. Lee Dickson
10. Charlie Hodgson
11. Charlie Sharples
12. Brad Barritt
13. Henry Trinder
14. Chris Ashton
15. Ben Foden

16. Joe Marler
17. Rob Webber
18. Geoff Parling
19. Tom Croft
20. Ben Youngs
21. Owen Farrell
22. David Strettle

The only position I am well an d truly clueless about is scrum half. On form Youngs doesnt deserve to even be on the bench, but I still believe he has the talent to change a game and that talent will always be there even when off form.

not many international known names there. england might struggle this six nations, but get better as tournament progreses

Lucky for them they're starting against Scotland!

Re: your point about Murray - he lost that edge what made him so dangerous on the Lions tour when he broke his ankle. He's never been a shadow of his former self since then. Playing for Newcastle, otherwise known as career cancer, certainly isn't helping. Should have moved to France.

I think Scotland could very well win this game. England are gonna be an unknown quanitiy, and one which may take a few games to get going. They could very well get turned over by a Scottish team buoyed by Edinburgh's recent performances in the HC.

Euan Murray is a significant improvement on the next option Geoff Cross, haven't seen many Newcastle games, but I thought he managed the Georgian and English scrums quite well in the World Cup

Aye, even in his worst form, possibly even with an injury that prevents him from running (but still able to scrum), he is still miles and away Scotland's best tight-head. I am gonna stick £10 on Dickinson being on the bench at least :(

If Dickinson plays like he does for Sale then that's not as bad as it used to be - he's come on leaps and bounds since moving to us.

If Dickinson plays like he does for Sale then that's not as bad as it used to be - he's come on leaps and bounds since moving to us.

Tell me when the leaps can traverse solar systems, then I might be interested.

Better to be an internationally unknown Trinder than an internationally known Tindall! *Insert list of other examples here*

people are going too far on Tindall, yes he's not good

but he's been scapegoated too much for the recent RWC campaign, which wasn't all his fault , he didn't even play in the France match

I think people have all agreed that he's not that good and should never play for England again, but should lay off him now

try and remember something good about Tindall, there isn't too much standout performances, but I think you'll find that when he was at his best he could be a solid, dependable player

people are going too far on Tindall, yes he's not good

but he's been scapegoated too much for the recent RWC campaign, which wasn't all his fault , he didn't even play in the France match

I think people have all agreed that he's not that good and should never play for England again, but should lay off him now

try and remember something good about Tindall, there isn't too much standout performances, but I think you'll find that when he was at his best he could be a solid, dependable player

My point is that it doesn't necessarily mean anything that your an internationally known or unknown player. I don't see why you're getting on your high-horse in defence of Tindall when thats my only point. I said nothing to the tune of "our RWC campaign was Tindalls fault"

Using Tindall's name as an example does turn the post into reading like criticism of him though.

I don't want him playing for England, but he had a good game against Toulouse, while the main thing Trinder did was overrun a pass...

This is the perfect time for scotland to give england a serious hiding.. warriors and gunners looking hungry and best they have been in awhile. looking forward to it

This is the perfect time for scotland to give england a serious hiding.. warriors and gunners looking hungry and best they have been in awhile. looking forward to it

I literally don't know why you think that is a likely outcome. You might win. Or England might win. But international experience notwithstanding, this is englands best squad for years, not our worst!

I'm not Scottish ;) I'm simply giving my prediction. England are in transition, lot of politics going around, Lancaster has to deliver (lot of pressure), flambouyant characters in your squad that should sit this one out (ashton, hartly, tuilagi etc), premiership sides having a bad run in the heineken. Scotland's two pro-clubs have been putting in serious work over last few months, just think they will be very very hungry to put down a marker, just an opinion as a neutral living in the land of kilts! :p

I'm not Scottish ;) I'm simply giving my prediction. England are in transition, lot of politics going around, Lancaster has to deliver (lot of pressure), flambouyant characters in your squad that should sit this one out (ashton, hartly, tuilagi etc), premiership sides having a bad run in the heineken. Scotland's two pro-clubs have been putting in serious work over last few months, just think they will be very very hungry to put down a marker, just an opinion as a neutral living in the land of kilts! :p

A fair enough view point. I do feel it's less simple than that for Scotland. A pretty new and untested squad of players, just like for England. The management still the same, which is good for them. But the thing about the clubs' success is just what we've all been arguing about on the heineken pages; englands top players are divided by 12 teams, whereas ireland and wales' are divided between 4, and scotlands, 2. I don't think the clubs' performance is a guide to the six nations; last year england won even though the english teams besides saints basiccally flopped. I think it will be a very competitive match, I only wish I knew more about the Scottish team so that I could cast a balanced judgement, but my two cents is that, home advantages aside, we are not in a bad position against Scotland. There are worries though, and I completely agree that many of englands players have underperformed. It's just that if you look at the pro 12, edinburgh and glasgow are hardly blowing away all opposition.

Aye, Edinburgh are nae doing too well in the Pro 12, but considering they have rotated the squad in favour of the Heineken Cup, and the very little depth that they have, well then they haven't done too bad either, still been trying to play some decent rugby as well.

Glasgow, ŵell as you say haven't been at all flash, but they are winning games, and considering they do't really have the players to play the same way Edinburgh play, well then that is all that counts. How awesome it will be next season to have Sean Lamont and DTH van de Merwe back :)

oh and there is the small matter of the scottish players wanting to show an improvment after the world cup. Also when was the last time england won at murrayfield?

Latest posts