• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Scotland Vs England (04/02/2012 - 17:00)

His form has gone backwards since the world cup. I would agree now he is the wrong choice but then he was the best choice we had.

He was just as bad then, but people were still caught up in 'that game' where Ashton scored 'that try'. He's a choker.

https://twitter.com/#!/Official_RFU/status/166226811993325569

Cock...

http://www.sportsmd.com/Articles/id/6.aspx

Metacarpal fractures usually take few months to heal, but the exact timing of an athlete's return to their sport depends on how stable the fracture is and how much risk of re-displacing the fracture, the athlete, and treating physician feels comfortable with. In some sports, the athlete can train or compete even with a cast on such as running while others like swimming are virtually impossible to participate in until a splint or cast is no longer worn. Sometimes in collision sports like football, an athlete can compete with a protective removable splint while the fracture continues to heal although this is usually only possible for certain positions like lineman and defenders because they don't rely as much on holding onto the ball.

Last edited:
So Joe Simpson on the bench then? Not that bad really. You could use a pacy fecker like him against the slow Italians.

Poo.

Why is Karl Dickson getting the nod over Ben Spencer though?

Dickson numero dos isn't getting a massive amount of game time for Quins, behind Care, and Spencer played both Saxons games.

I'm sure Dickson was injured up until about yesterday, as that's why Paul Hodgson was called in to the Saxons...

So Joe Simpson on the bench then? Not that bad really. You could use a pacy fecker like him against the slow Italians.
More concerning is that Youngs is guaranteed a start for pretty much the whole 6N now.

Last edited:
Poo.

Why is Karl Dickson getting the nod over Ben Spencer though?

Dickson numero dos isn't getting a massive amount of game time for Quins, behind Care, and Spencer played both Saxons games.

I'm sure Dickson was injured up until about yesterday, as that's why Paul Hodgson was called in to the Saxons...

He's been getting a fair bit actually, Care took a few games to push Dickson out after returning from injury, and Spencer made some horror miss tackles in the Scottish game.

Here's hoping Simpson's pass has been as good as the last game of his I saw, and not appalling like pretty much every other occasion.

Big hairy ba@@ b@gs

How long do you punish Care for? Given he has been punished by Quins and the court as well.
Rehabilatation of offenders act and all that.

Big hairy ba@@ b@gs

How long do you punish Care for? Given he has been punished by Quins and the court as well.
Rehabilatation of offenders act and all that.

Until you're happy that he's got the message and isn't going to do it again.

Yeah I agree, not sure how do you know when that is?

Two fines, community work and a driving ban, kicked out the EPS. I would say he might have got the message.

If he drives again it's driving while disqualified and as a rule if caught you don't pass go and straight to prison. Magistrates courts take a dim view on people taking the mick and ignoring bans.

Yeah I agree, not sure how do you know when that is?

Two fines, community work and a driving ban, kicked out the EPS. I would say he might have got the message.

If he drives again it's driving while disqualified and as a rule if caught you don't pass go and straight to prison. Magistrates courts take a dim view on people taking the mick and ignoring bans.

Unless you are a national level sportsman when the Judge decides you are a god and lets you off scott free.

Care won't be back until the summer, at least.

I think your right, was wondering how far England will go in proving a point. How much do you punish a bloke who has clearly been an idiot, how much do you kick a dog when it's down kind of thing.

Without knowing Danny Care personally, I don't know. I am happy to leave that in the judgement of Stuart Lancaster. If he believes it will take the duration of the 6N, then I am fine with that.

I think Dickson and Farrell should start next game with Flood on the bench and Turner-Hall in centre. Youngs and Hodgson are not up to it in my opinion.

I think Dickson and Farrell should start next game with Flood on the bench and Turner-Hall in centre. Youngs and Hodgson are not up to it in my opinion.

Nor is Dickson with a broken hand :(

Nor is Dickson with a broken hand :(

Ah just saw the news :( Well with that I'd go Youngs 9, Flood 10, Farrell 13, Barritt 13 (until the beast Tuilangi returns), Sharples 14 (to give him a run out considering it is Italy and he really deserves it) with Ashton 11 and Foden 15.

Karl Dickson has been called up to replace his brother. So there's a perfectly adequate replacement for Youngs.

KD is not as good at the marshalling compared to LD, but his passing etc is about par.

Karl Dickson has been called up to replace his brother. So there's a perfectly adequate replacement for Youngs.

KD is not as good at the marshalling compared to LD, but his passing etc is about par.

Still I would rather have Youngs than yet another uncapped player. He could come off the bench but I wouldn't start him.

I'd rather Youngs was sent back to Leicester than see any more game time this Six Nations, to be honest. He's going to start every match though :(

In fairness to Englang they defended well but again Scotland lacked a cutting edge when dominating possession.
I can see a similar game next week with you guys in Italy.

Latest posts