• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Scotland Vs England (04/02/2012 - 17:00)

Henry i know i hardly saw Dowson but he also had a high Metres Run with the ball!!

In terms of tackles made top 3:

Hartley = 18 missed 2 (16 total)
Robshaw = 15 missed 0
Botha = 15 missed 0

As i thought Robshaw and Botha were immense in defence, i also make a mention to Barrit as he never made as much but his positioning play made Scotland avoid his path and go for gaps around him.

apparently Dowson won 4 turnovers, the most from either team. The kind of thing that makes me think I should just not comment in future ( I described him as anonymous, along with a few others) Obviously this stat doesnt prove he was amazing but its something

I think the turnover stat reflects turnovers conceded, rather than turnovers won (not that this is clearly stated anywhere). If you add up the individual number of 'turnovers' for each player in the Ireland vs Wales match you find it adds up to the 'turnovers conceded' in the match stats. Doing this for the England vs Scotland match didn't help, as each team both won and conceded the same number of turnovers!

I'd say they're about equal, in that neither are :p

Robshaw is the better blindside though, imo.

Haha basically that's the point I wanted to make; it makes no more sense to put robshaw there than it does to put croft there. This said, I think Croft may actually be more of a ball 'snaffler' than robshaw

Would have Sharples over Ashton, but apart from that that'd be my backs too.
Replace Turner-Hall with Tuilagi the following round (presuming Tuilagi is back and in contention by then) and that'd be our strongest set of backs in EPS, imo.

Thinking about it I'd have to agree. Sharples deserves a chance and quite frankly Ashton is getting a bit cocky for my liking, thinking he is now amazing, and if he ever does a swan dive I will have to personally send him a letter of rage as it is unbelievably stupid! I think maybe considering it is Italy (no offence but Italy are easier than the other teams, despite showing great form recently) I would start Sharples and if he plays badly bring Ashton on. Also I think I might start Dixon just because he gets the ball from the break down extremely quickly compared to Youngs, although I would see how Youngs combines with Flood then maybe change it around at half time.

Re: croft as no.7

I alwAys say a no7 should be short to get low and scrap for the ball pocock style

Not sure about Ashton, strikes me as a guy who is low on confidence. I can't remember when he last scored off hand. If he finds some form and becomes top try scorer again he can swan dive his way around England for all I care.

I don't have a problem with Ashton's swan dive, and I don't think he's particularly arrogant on the pitch - however he's often making the wrong decision atm, his defence isn't great and he leaks penalties at the breakdown when he gets involved.
He's great when the pack is on top, we've got quick ball and he's got space to run. We've got none of that atm, so him bringing nothing to the table other than attacking threat off of clean ball is a luxury we can't afford.

just watched a replay of the game. still can't work out how scotland lost. should have won by 20 points. soooo many blown chances, especially that pass from rennie. it would have been easier to score the try from there than mess it up. dave denton looks like a great find. i hadn't heard of him before this weekend but he had a blinder and deserved his man of the match award.

If Farrel wasnt kicking I wouldn't have known he was on the pitch.

"He's (Ashton) great when the pack is on top, we've got quick ball and he's got space to run." - TRF_Olyy

Yes I'd be a great winger in those conditions and I'm pushing 20 stone (big bones... covered in meat and gravy).

I think we should wait until Ashton is actually getting some ball before judging how hes playing. He's not as disciplined as Foden is when he doesn't see the ball for long periods, and as Olyy has pointed out a few times, he gives away penalties if he ever gets within 10 feet of a breakdown. He's still an incredible try scrorer however and I just think he needs time

Only just getting back on the board from a massive weekend, don't fancy drifting through 36 pages of it - just me who thought it was a try for Laidlaw? Just so I know...

Only just getting back on the board from a massive weekend, don't fancy drifting through 36 pages of it - just me who thought it was a try for Laidlaw? Just so I know...
Bit of both,

I think both yes and no: If it was awarded then I could agree with that, but if it wasn't I could agree to.

Here's the picture again just for cyRil
396215_10150536948237339_7974932338_9198585_1905359352_n.jpg

Guess you'll just have to make up your own mind.

Typical Scotland v England game. Not many tries and not much rugby. It was all kicking, Scotland did play the better of the rugby and if they had showed more ability in finishing off some fantastic moves and kicked out on the mistakes, then the game was there's. England look poor with a very inexperienced team and will finish fourth at best this year.

Latest posts