• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Wales vs France 17/03/2012 - 14:45

The more I read from these frustrated onion peddlers the more worried I become. I find that the French are most dangerous when at each others throats.

Based on the way France have been playing, Wales really should easily take this. However on their day the French can beat anyone and Wales must remember this. The quality and options in the French squad means that they only have to click once and could easily win. Having said that Wales are at home, have the more settled team and surely will want the win more. With this comes preasure but from what we have seen from this Welsh side, they always step up to the occasion with no fear and this in my opinion is their greatest asset and the difference between them and every other team in the 6 Nations.

Crrrrrrraaaaaaaaiiiiiiggg "breakdown bastaaard" Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuubeeerrrrrrtttttt!!!

yes and no.

Cymru means Wales in Welsh. But it is not a Gaelic language. It is a Brythonic language.

Is the actual meaning of Cymru companion? If not I refuse to watch a history of Wales any longer as it is all lies :D

Is the actual meaning of Cymru companion? If not I refuse to watch a history of Wales any longer as it is all lies :D

In old Welsh, companion, comrade, fellow countryman, something along those lines yes.

Some interesting debate going on here about the French team. I thought that Lievremont's biggest shortcomings as France's coach (or one of, there were so many after all), was his constant tinkering with the team. Some of the French memners are calling for Saint-Andre to blood new players, but I think that needs to wait for a few months. Imo, Saint-Andre first needs to create a settled environment, where the players respect him, before bringing in new players. These players can then be introduced steadily, instead of all at once.

I don't agree with barthelemy calling for Rougerie, Poitrenaud, Servat, Nallet, HHarinordoquy, Dussautoir, Bonnaire, and Mas all to be dropped, because that's the spine of the team, and all are quality players. With Wales, Gatland first took an established Ospreys team and created an environment that revolved around hard-work, pride, and a togetherness as a squad. He's then slowly introduced new, young players into this established environment that helps to get the best out of them. First came the likes of Roberts and Halfpenny. Next came Lydiate, Warburton, Bradley Davies and Jon Davies (not all at once). Recently he's introduced North, Priestland, Faletau, Scott and Lloyd Williams, and very recently Cuthbert. He didn't throw Stephen Jones, Shane Williams or Martyn Williams out onto the scrap-heap before their time was due, and France shouldn't do so with those players named above.

England were in a slightly different situation, with so many players completely off form, the logical thing to do was to have a big clear-out, and it looks like it's worked. However I rate the likes or Dussautoir and Harinordoquy way above Moody and Easter, and the same with Rougerie above Tindall etc.

Look at Dull being all boring and getting back on topic...

Latest posts