• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 for serious fans?

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 1 2006, 10:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 1 2006, 10:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 1 2006, 10:08 AM
I will stand by that comment after another evening's play. It is is very hard to turn over better teams, but that is how it should be isn't it? It certainly isn't random, and I have got a much better feeling now about when a ruck is won or lost - but it stands to reason that by keeping a few forwards out they will be first to the next breakdown! Just got to hope you make the tackles...
TOUPS

Can you confirm the rucking is more interactive in RC2006 than EA05
Can you confirm you feel really rewarded for turning the ball over, more so than EA05.
Can you confirm its the best rucking system since JLR and EA2001

No furthur questions at this time. [/b]
I would say yes to all 3 although make of that what you will me being a league fan. All I know is I can tell by how quick my players get to the ruck if I have a chance or not so at least you can make the decision to not over commit or just go all out and pile in for the ball.

I also like the fact that the rucks dont seem at all dependant on field position like they are in EA05/06. I dont suddenly start to lose rucks I should be winning because I am close to the opposition line.

that is one of the key things in rugby though. the ball being able to be turned over on defence. sure you may think you should win it and for the most part yes but the defence equally should be able to turn it over as well. if you win almost every ruck on rc2006 near the opposition line then that is bad im0

re: The Robinson "issue"...

Rugby 06 and RC06 both seem to have cocked it up by putting him in England it seems...

...No doubt both would have cocked it up by giving him insanely good stats...

...Like last time.

Anyway, I like the sound of this game. It sounds great fun....For a while at least.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Feb 1 2006, 10:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Feb 1 2006, 10:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 1 2006, 10:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 1 2006, 10:08 AM
I will stand by that comment after another evening's play. It is is very hard to turn over better teams, but that is how it should be isn't it? It certainly isn't random, and I have got a much better feeling now about when a ruck is won or lost - but it stands to reason that by keeping a few forwards out they will be first to the next breakdown! Just got to hope you make the tackles...

TOUPS

Can you confirm the rucking is more interactive in RC2006 than EA05
Can you confirm you feel really rewarded for turning the ball over, more so than EA05.
Can you confirm its the best rucking system since JLR and EA2001

No furthur questions at this time.
I would say yes to all 3 although make of that what you will me being a league fan. All I know is I can tell by how quick my players get to the ruck if I have a chance or not so at least you can make the decision to not over commit or just go all out and pile in for the ball.

I also like the fact that the rucks dont seem at all dependant on field position like they are in EA05/06. I dont suddenly start to lose rucks I should be winning because I am close to the opposition line. [/b]
cheers for that Knows

I am now confident these rucks will be the best since rugby 2001

about time, albeit not fully interactive, but atleast minimally randomised to say the least

i like the bits where people say u dont wanna over commit in the ruck coz u'll get chasing at the next play

i also am loving the news of a strategy, where u weigh up whether to pile in or just add 1 or 2 men, and in the next breadown, the other forards are ready for the........get ready for it....................THE SMITH N WAUGH SHOW

Forget Smith n Wesson
We got Smith n Waugh, and with an ak47 on the end of the chord............makes Smith n Wesson shoot blanks, or if lucky some spud.
<

I know Smith n Waugh arent there............but they will be viz the editor

I am changing both these dudes immediatly......both starting flankers for the wallabies are Smith n Waugh..............there should be no doubts with that

Link the Waratahs flankers name with the wallaby - Waugh.......
Link the Brumby flankers name with the wallaby - Smith.........

SORTED

I agree, it's the best system since jonah for me. If it's random for you then you're doing it wrong! I have started a career mode and even with my weak squad I can still turn over better teams. And that is naturally very rewarding. The control and tactics are definately there if you look for them - there's definately a lot to be said for learning when it's a lost cause/easily won, and pulling men back out

Originally posted by toup@Feb 1 2006, 11:32 AM
I agree, it's the best system since jonah for me. If it's random for you then you're doing it wrong! I have started a career mode and even with my weak squad I can still turn over better teams. And that is naturally very rewarding. The control and tactics are definately there if you look for them - there's definately a lot to be said for learning when it's a lost cause/easily won, and pulling men back out
<
<
<
<
<
<

The defense rests
<

Well as I have said, it's only my opinion, sure some people will hate it, but I can now turn over any team with a weak side - not regularly but then that's how it should be! And what's more I can usually tell before the ruck whether I am going to do so by how far away/how many players I have there. It's well balanced for me as better teams generally have faster and stronger back rows so make it to breakdowns quicker and make more impact on 'the bar' per player.

Well you must be playing a different game to me. Either that or you are not playing on the Intensive Care difficulty.

As for not committing to the ruck. Yes, that would possibly (depending who they are) help those players on their feet get to the next breakdown quicker, they don't however help your defensive line, because the "spare" players collect behind the back of the ruck.

I still maintain that the centre defensive AI of your own team is occasionally very dodgy. Your outside centre and wing will run backwards, in tandem with the opposition running forward. This is intentional no doubt, to allow receivers a little space when receiving the ball. But it makes player selection very difficult, I'm conceding tries through players being out of position running in the wrong direction.

I'm sure it's me which is why I keep playing, but I've put about 15 hours in to this game now and it's still a problem.

Have you tried skipping straight out to outside centre as soon as the ball leaves the breakdown? The AI for 10 and 12 is pretty good and I've found this leaves me less exposed. I have played on Intensive care, granted not against the likes of NZ and England, but my tactics still seem to work! Turning into a bit of a defensive Guru here...

Originally posted by toup@Feb 1 2006, 09:40 PM
Have you tried skipping straight out to outside centre as soon as the ball leaves the breakdown? The AI for 10 and 12 is pretty good and I've found this leaves me less exposed. I have played on Intensive care, granted not against the likes of NZ and England, but my tactics still seem to work! Turning into a bit of a defensive Guru here...
Well I can only press either L1 or R1 to change player, although I did notice a few nights ago, that if I just let the CPU do the tackling for me, they didn't do a bad job, but I'm not into that, I want to control the players myself.

Originally posted by mikeeboy+Feb 1 2006, 09:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeeboy @ Feb 1 2006, 09:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Feb 1 2006, 09:40 PM
Well I can only press either L1 or R1 to change player, although I did notice a few nights ago, that if I just let the CPU do the tackling for me, they didn't do a bad job, but I'm not into that, I want to control the players myself. [/b]
If you press it twice or three times then you get to the outside centre. I like to do the tackling myself as well, but to be honest, 10 has usually passed it by the time you get to him anyway so you're much better at 12 or 13.

Latest posts